I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Prayer, and it's impact on me and our family....

So as we are moving a little further into this new phase in our journey, I can't say that it has gotten any easier.  Sleep deprivation may make me sound like I'm rambling, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to share....

I was visiting with a friend recently about the amazing prayer Sign Up Genius and the overwhelming response.  We were also talking about how through social media, so many people are sharing that they are praying for Amanda and are reaching out to friends in other parts of the world asking them to pray for Amanda as well.  There are people all over this mighty earth praying for our girl.  While I know that has been true from day one, since we learned of the change in her tumor and then this most recent prayer sign up, I've had a mental image of a tidal wave of prayer crashing over our family daily, even hourly.  That is a pretty amazing feeling.

I can feel the prayers.  Even in this nightmare of a situation, God's goodness and peace is real.  That doesn't mean I'm not scared or that my heart is not breaking, it just means that my hope in Christ is stronger than my fears.

Today, I am having a very hard day.  Amanda has not been sleeping well, and emotions and exhaustion never mix well for me.  And in God's perfect timing, with no prior planning, the Watson clan is stopping by for lunch and a visit.  What amazing timing - nothing like family to help improve your mood!

We started the new chemo last night and Amanda did great.  She will take a single pill daily for fourteen days, then have a week off, then back on a daily dose for two weeks then a week off and so on.  This chemo is a lighter dose and our hope is that it will simply "put the brakes" on the growth of the tumor and slow it down.

There have been so many amazing notes of encouragement and support and I have read every single one - usually more than once!  I forgot where I saw it posted, so I am paraphrasing here, but someone said to imagine the mighty army of prayer warriors surrounding us on this journey.  We are not alone.  The body of Christ continues to encourage and support us every step of the way. 

1 Corinthians 12:26
If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.  Now you 
are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

So, as we face this newest challenge, we will continue to go boldly before the throne of God and pray for healing in Amanda, but above all else, that God may be glorified through her life and our journey.
 _______________

"We pray as ordinary people who have an extraordinary God. We’re just normal, you and I...Prayer is effective, not because of great men who pray, but because of a great God who in Christ graciously hears his people. He’s the main ingredient. So pray. "  -Jonathan Parnell, Desiring God


Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Some fun pictures from the past few days:
 
Amanda and Kyle with the rock that Amanda painted for him.  Had to get a picture of these two sweeties together!

Brandon had a wonderful birthday.  So many people helped celebrate the day with special touches throughout the day. 

Me and my girl doing a little floating.
Such a sweet picture!
A fun surprise visit last night from our Waco girl cousins and a quick evening swim!


Love these girls and how well they get along.

Nothing like some family girl time to lift the spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment