I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Cousin Camp, swimming and Romeo

We celebrated the July birthdays at my parent's house last weekend.  This included both Brandon and my niece Katie.  While at my parent's house, we went down to my sister's so Amanda could see the baby deer and horses. 

That evening, with two prior unsuccessful attempts behind us, we were able to have cousin camp! Cody is in Italy studying abroad so he was not able to be with us.  We missed him! 

After a fun day at the Maw Maw and Papa's, it was off to Georgetown.




Now, off to our house!

Of course, there was NERDS.
Everyone jammed out with a little Rock Band.
Amanda enjoys painting pottery so much, we decided to do a little DIY project and have everyone decorate their own coffee mug!
Amanda has been working on a surprise for each of her cousins. She hand painted a rock with something special that describes them and gave them their rocks at Cousin Camp.

Kyle has recently taken up archery.
As I mentioned, Cody couldn't be at camp because he is currently in Italy, but she drew him a beaker since he enjoys research.
For Jon and Sandra, she painted a horse.
For Ryan, a baseball.
For Katie, a cupcake.
The next morning, we went swimming - big surprise, huh?  It amuses me the things they find to do...



What's swimming without a good game of Marco Polo?








These two always seem like they are up to something...
Before we left, I wanted to do a group picture.  Up until this point, I had not gotten in the water....
  ....one misstep and that all changed!

Cousin Camp, Summer 2014 - missing our Cody!
After I fell in, I decided I might as well take a dip and that is when the kids started to really have fun...
 Bring on the cannonballs!





 


Oh to be young again.....that looks like it had to have hurt!

My artistic side loves this shot.
And I love this smile.
The week after cousin camp, we did some swimming on our own, just the four of us.

Ahh! She actually took a selfie with me - and smiled!


So, I was trying to capture the cross through the cascading water across my hand.  For some reason it reminded me of Isaiah 43.
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
Not all of our activities lately have been swimming.  We did make a trip to ROCK to see Romeo and take Brandon and Kyle to the pottery place. 

Talk about royal treatment - Romeo came right up to the car so Amanda didn't have to walk far.






Our appointment is scheduled for tomorrow at 2:00.  Again, please pray for wisdom, discernment and strength for all four of us.  I am ready for tomorrow to be here!  Thank you for all of your support and love over these past three weeks. 

2 Timothy 1:7 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers to you and your family for strength, wisdom, and discernment. May God clear the path to His will to make these important decisions easy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers coming your way from you ROCK family and herd!

    ReplyDelete