I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A little about our days.....


I read this today in an article on Desiring God regarding personal journeling: Be honest and real, but ask God for the grace to get beyond your circumstances, however bleak, to finding hope in him.  Wow. That sentence was very powerful to meI think we would all agree that I have no trouble with being real and honest.  And because of God's grace, I manage to muddle my way through the muck and yuck of our days, and at the end of it all, find myself trusting God's plan for our family and holding on to hope.
 
Amanda is still not sleeping well.  Because of that, she does not feel up to doing much during the day and is very weak with no energy.   We still try to get out and go floating as often as possible.  There will be a blog with pictures soon!

Today, we met with one of our nurses with Hospice and I was very impressed with her compassion.  We will meet with another one on Friday.  These should be the two main nurses we will work with on a regular basis.  So far, our experience with Hospice has been mostly positive, but the very fact that I am talking about Hospice is still surreal.   Our main focus right now is to get Amanda sleeping and more comfortable at night.  After we accomplish that, we hope she will regain a little energy during the day so she can be more active. 

We continue to be thankful for all your prayers, support and words of encouragement.  Even though at times I feel like we are living in our own little bubble, you continue to remind me that we are not alone in this.  Thank you for that.

Every day is not easy, but we still manage to find joy and laughter, and most importantly, we still hold on to hope. 

Jeremiah 31:25

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint," says the Lord.

Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

5 comments:

  1. My heart is with you and your sweet family. Prayers are being sent your way!

    Stay strong and make the most of every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 28:7 “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you all have a peace that surpasses all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for Amanda and all of your family. James 1. May the God of peace give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continued love and prayers. May Gods mighty arms surround each of you. James and Shelly

    ReplyDelete