I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

MRI is today

MRI has been scheduled for today.  We are to arrive at 3:30 pm scheduled for a 5:00 pm MRI.  We are a work in, so you know what that means - there is no telling what time she will actually go back! 

There are so many things on my heart to ask you to pray for.  I'll stick with the simple for now.  Please pray for Amanda today.  Pray that she will have peace and courage.  She wants this MRI so we can see what our best plan of attack is.  Oh how I love that girl.  Please pray for Brandon.  As I have mentioned, his birthday is this week and he is being a champ with rescheduling his party and putting things off.  I am thankful that we see so many blessings in so many unexpected places. 

Amanda has asked to go see Romeo this morning, so we are off for a visit and hopefully a short ride!  Our amazing family at ROCK has been so supportive and loving to our family.  We have so many things to be thankful for.

As I sit and type this, I can't put into words the overwhelming peace I feel despite the tears that are falling.  We feel the support, love and encouragement.  Thank you doesn't feel like enough, but thank you.  As far as I'm concerned, we are not done fighting.  Amanda is not done fighting. 

In all that we do in these challenging, heartbreaking moments, may we continue to glorify God. 

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

3 comments:

  1. When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to know,a
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.

    Refrain:
    It is well, (it is well),
    With my soul, (with my soul)
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 3:5-6
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

    Thinking of your family often! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what gets me more, the way you express yourself during this most trying time, or the way that anonymous people, who don't even know Amanda, are coming together in His name to lift ya'll up. He has definitely been given much glory in your trial. Anxiously awaiting what today's MRI revealed, and praying for that miracle right along with you!

    ReplyDelete