I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

While we are waiting....

We had a nice weekend.  Since Saturday was opening day for bow season, Brandon and Thomas went hunting and Brandon shot a deer with his bow.  It was great 30 yard shot and his love for bow hunting grows with each season.  It was very bittersweet for me that Grampy wasn't there to share in the excitement.  I suppose that will be the case with each new event and holiday.  Hunting season is always a favorite time of the year and Grampy has always been a special part of that.

Serious hunting going on here...


Well, the weekend has gone by and now it is Tuesday.  It hasn't been the easiest wait for results, but it hasn't been as nerve wracking as I anticipated.  Until yesterday. It hit me mid-day and once it started, it was hard to stop.  For whatever reason, it was simply a difficult day for me.  Amanda had a bit of a rough start to the day which only amplified my mood.  We did, however, accomplish our goals for school so I count that as a blessing.   It seems that we have moved into that time frame that Amanda is starting to feel poorly more often than feeling good.  Please pray that she will be able to have just the opposite - more times of feeling good than bad!

Amanda's motivating factor yesterday was feeding time at ROCK.  It turned out to be a good thing for both of us.  I found that a mindless physical chore like mucking stalls is very therapeutic for me.  Who knew?! Being outside on such a beautiful day doing some physical labor did wonders for me and was a great outlet to clear my head.  Amanda and Ms. Judy fed, then Amanda came and helped finish up the last few stalls.  With her counts so high last week, we still have the all clear for being out at ROCK without any restrictions.  As we move into the time frame when her numbers drop, that may change, but as for yesterday, we had a great time.  We did notice that she seemed to wear out a little easier than last week.  After feeding, we cleaned up and helped with a small craft job that Ms. Judy was working on to wrap up the day.  After one more walk to see the horses now that they were all in their stalls, we were off to pick up Brandon from football practice and wind down our evening.   (All photos courtesy of Maw Maw Smith. Talk about a picture taker!  We started calling her the paparazzi. :)  It was great that she was there though, that means I am actually in front of the camera for a change!)

A quick hello to Miss Piggy before the work began.
Time to get down to business.

Another day of feeding completed!  Now, the dirty work. :)
Who knew mucking could be so fun? It's all about who you are with while you do it!
She is one hard worker!

She started with a quick goodbye to Miss Piggy.
Talk about some serious hand washing.....
We made sure to wash up good before moving on to our next project...
Helping Ms. Judy put final touches on some goodies!  Amanda doesn't have to know this is great physical therapy. ;)
Tying a pretty bow is not as easy as it looks.
Plotting our plan....
Perfect execution! 
After a hard afternoon of work, time to kick up the heels and relax a little...
That brings us to today.  Amanda has started the day off a little on the rough side, but seems to feel better as the day has gone on.  Brandon has a game after school, one of my favorite things!  Then, finally, tomorrow - the big day.  Wednesday will start with an infusion appointment at 11:00, and we will see Dr. Harrod at noon for labs and the results of Amanda's MRI.  I don't know why I worry about the scans.  I can't do a single thing about them or change the outcome, yet I find myself still going to that place of worry.  Prayer is the single most essential thing I can do during a time like this.  Yesterday was spent with my "background music" on continually - in constant prayer and petition as I went about my day. Nothing helps me battle and overcome those emotions that at times are so strong and find peace and contentment.  Thank you for the messages of encouragement and prayers throughout this time of waiting.  I cherish them dearly.  

Psalm 33:20-22
We wait in hope for the Lord;
    he is our help and our shield.

In him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in his holy name.

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
    even as we put our hope in you.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for strength and good results. Sending a lot of love your way.

    ReplyDelete