I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Update on her appointment today...

What a full, blessed day.  Today's appointment went smoothly.  Amanda's labs came back great.  With the much anticipated wager on the line (See yesterday's post for the explanation), she weighed in and Amanda gained two pounds!   This was the second consecutive appointment that Amanda has gained two pounds, so even though Amanda did not gain the three pounds for the karaoke, Heather still felt like she deserved a song.  Amanda's nurse, Christina, and Heather, her Nutritionist, sang for her.  It was so much fun and Amanda got the biggest kick out of it.  Our team at Dell is amazing.

You never know what goodies will be at the doctors office.  Today Amanda was able to pick out a costume to wear to the Fall Festival and also pick out a fun winter hat.  There were several hats and she couldn't decide which one she wanted.  After much debate, she went with total fun and craziness.  I'm sure we will see her in the hat often.

We didn't get her antibiotic today as I anticipated, so we were not there as long as I thought we would be.  She did get her Avastin infusion, fluids and her shot to boost her white blood cell count.  Next week she will go in and get her antibiotic.

We made it in plenty of time to see Brandon's game and what a nail-biter it was!  The Grace Lions pulled off an exciting win and once again it was a blast to watch the boys play so hard for the win.  Go Lions!

We are entering Amanda's favorite part of the week - ROCK!   Tomorrow's horse is a surprise for us, since she has picked another new horse to ride tomorrow and we are not sure if he will be available.  Amanda has chosen to ride Freedom the Mustang on Thursdays. 

Amanda has been doing so well, I am praying that she continues on this path through the rest of this week all the while I am praising God for where we are right now.

Due to the medications she received today, she went to bed feeling pretty bad.  So as she fell asleep, I was laying down next to her, holding her hand.  Sweet moments like that are forever remembered.  As I lay there, it brought to mind a song Amanda was singing the other day by Matt Redmon. 

You Never Let Go
 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near


And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?


(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me


And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth


(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me



No comments:

Post a Comment