I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

She got to ride today!

1 Chronicles 16:8-10
Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.

Today I feel like I walked around in kind of a daze, like, I am trying to regain my footing while still in awe of the goodness of God.  I want to tell every person I come into contact with what amazing results we got yesterday.  But that would be weird.  I am so exhausted, yet thankful and still rejoicing over how well treatment is progressing.

As we look to next week with the possibility of her actually starting chemo during her fourth week, it completely messes with my mind.  Since the shot she received last week gave her white blood cell count such an amazing boost and her chemo medication dosage was actually reduced by 25% due to her body's sensitivity to it, there is the chance that her counts will be good enough to start chemo at that four week mark as our original treatment plan indicates.   I find this whole situation another reminder to me that I have absolutely no business trying to schedule or plan anything.  I wonder how many times will I say that?!


Since Amanda missed her riding day yesterday, we were given the opportunity to make it up today.  Yeah for her!  A huge thank you to Ms. Judy and her team at ROCK for making it happen.  Yesterday was a long day for Amanda and being able to tell her that she would get to ride was such a joy for me.  Despite her love for Miss Piggy, because of Amanda's long legs, she has decided to try out some of the other horses to see if they are easier to ride.  Today, she rode Jody.  Jody was donated by the Corps of Cadets Calvary Unit from Texas A&M.  Whoop!  He even has the Corps haircut.  :)  See if you can tell in the pictures.  There are several more horses she would like to try, but Jody did really well for her today and she already has a soft spot for him. We will have to see how this all pans out over the next few weeks.  This is so fun for her and I love watching her!  This is quickly becoming my favorite time of the week as well. 

Yep, there she goes, riding backwards again!
Stopping the horse, then starting him right back works on her core balance
She is sprawled across the back of Jody on her stomach.  Funny to watch, but a great stretch.
Meet Jody!
Look what she is doing!! On her knees, arms out, while the horse is moving.
Just look at her beautiful smile. 
After that, Amanda had piano lessons and continues to amaze!  She is playing so well considering how long it has been since she has seriously practiced.  From there, we had a treat of an afternoon swim.  It was a great way to end the day, and hopefully we wore her out just enough that she will sleep really well tonight.  
For the past few days, this song has been rolling through my head, so, being the music lover that I am, I thought it was a great way to end tonight.
 
How Can I Keep From Singing
There is an endless song, echoes in my soul

I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come, I am holding on

To the rock I cling



How can I keep from singing Your praise

How can I ever say enough, how amazing is Your love

How can I keep from shouting Your name

I know I am loved by the King and it makes my heart want to sing



I will lift my eyes in the darkest night

For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You knowing You'll see me through

And sing the songs You give



How can I keep from singing Your praise

How can I ever say enough, how amazing is Your love

How can I keep from shouting Your name

I know I am loved by the King and it makes my heart want to sing



I can sing in the troubled times, sing when I win

I can sing when I lose my step and I fall down again

I can sing 'cause You pick me up, sing 'cause You're there

I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord, when I call to You in prayer



I can sing with my last breath, sing for I know

That I'll sing with the Angels and the Saints around the throne



How can I keep from singing Your praise

How can I ever say enough, how amazing is Your love

How can I keep from shouting Your name

I know I am loved by the King and it makes my heart

I am loved by the King and it makes my heart

I am loved by the King and it makes my heart want to sing

No comments:

Post a Comment