I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

A glimpse at our weekend, and Amanda's hunt....

What a weekend!  The boys had a great night (and a late night!) bow fishing on Friday night.  Then, Tom got up early Saturday morning and took Amanda hunting. She did it! She woke up EARLY and off they went to Grampy's to hunt.  Not much was moving, and just as they were getting ready to leave, a doe walked out and Amanda   was able to get a good shot.  Her first deer of the season, and by the sounds of it, it won't be the last.  This weekend especially, I miss Grampy.  He would have been so proud for her and she would have loved for him to share in the excitement. 

Brandon and one of his shots.
Papa Watson had a great night!
Amanda and her first deer of the season. 
From there, we went to my parents house for the day for celebrating birthdays and it was a wonderful day of family, fellowship, football and food. (And naps!)  Amanda played hard all day riding her bike and spending time outside with her cousin, Kyle.  Today, she has felt it!  I guess that is the downside of letting her go all-out, all day, but it sure is worth it getting to see her have so much fun and just do 'normal' things.  Tom was working today, but our day consisted of much rest and relaxation.  She didn't move from the bed or couch very often, and when she did, she felt pretty bad. 

Friday, Brandon and I got our flu shots, and poor Brandon had quiet the reaction to the shot, so he also spent all day resting and feeling miserable.   What a rough day today was for both the kids.

I, on the other hand, had a very productive day.  A sweet friend came over to help me hang pictures in my den.  It has been on my to do list for years, literally, and today, we got it done.  I feel like I accomplished a great task today.

So as I go to bed tonight, I am praying that both of my children will wake up refreshed, feeling better and ready to face a new day.  As I lay here, the comfort of Psalm 23 rolls through my head as a reminder of His peace, comfort, joy.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.

 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.

Even though I walk 
through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me  
 in the presence of my enemies;  
 you anoint my head with oil my cup overflows.
 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me 
  all the days of my life  
 and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment