I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Praising God for a Good Report!

What an emotional, but glorious day!  Today's results are nothing short of a huge Halleluiah!  As we walked back to the exam room, I was watching everyone trying to take cues and read body language, but it wasn't until Dr. Harrod came in that I finally couldn't contain myself any longer and asked "Well?! How do they look?!"  A smile and a thumbs up was enough to at least allow myself a huge sigh of relief.  Walking down the hall to the room where we see the scans, I couldn't wait for a glimpse at the screen.  Amanda chose to hang back in the exam room and watch a movie.  So as we sat down and looked at the progression of scans I was amazed. 

Yesterday, it was seven months since Amanda had brain surgery and today, we sat looking at the progression of how God has blessed our family.  There has been continued improvement!  The tumor is smaller than two months ago.  As I have mentioned, unless they are surgically removed, brain tumors never completely go away, there will always be a "scar" there.  So we may always see evidence of the tumor.  As I have shared, I have been praying that Amanda's will dissolve, completely, and if things continue the way they are, we just may see an answer to that prayer!  As Dr. Harrod sat there and took the time to answer questions, explain what we were looking at and review the scans, I was just in awe.  It was a moment that I can only explain as joyful. 

Amanda's labs came back good.  Her white blood cell count is high, which is exactly what we were anticipating since she was give the shot last week to do just that.  Her platelets have dropped since last week, but we are still in an okay place.  So we finished our visit today with Amanda receiving her monthly infusion of antibiotics and fluids, which I always welcome.  I was reminded today that in the world of oncology, no news is good news.  Had her scans come back with any concerning issues, we would have received a phone call to come in earlier.  That is a good thing to keep in mind for future MRIs. 

Amanda hanging out, getting her infusion
Amanda and sweet Dad giving her a piggy-back ride to the car
Even though it is is Wednesday, Amanda did not have a riding lesson because there are exciting things happening at ROCK.  They are adding on to the facility and due to construction, they have cancelled lessons for a few days.  You can imagine how disappointed she was, but our appointment went long today, so it was a good thing. 

Honestly, I am so emotionally spent tonight that I can barely think.  But my heart feels as if it could burst with joy and contentment.  Thank you for standing beside us through this journey.  We are praising God for what He has done, and are trusting Him for what He will continue to do.


1 Samuel 12:16
Stand and see this great thing that the LORD will do before your very eyes. 

Psalm 95: 1-3
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
    let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
    and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God,
    the great King above all gods.

1 comment:

  1. Ever since I heard the news I have been singing...
    My God is so big so strong and so mighty, there is nothing my God can not do, for you !

    ReplyDelete