I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The good week continues...

This has been a wonderful week.  Amanda has had more spunk in her personality this week than I have seen in awhile.  While she has been a little more guarded with her activity level and is conserving energy as she needs to, her 'get up and go' has still been great.   Yesterday we had a full day at home with a productive day of school work.  Brandon had a football game after school and she felt up to going to campus a little earlier than usual and even going out for dinner afterwards. 

With today being her most favorite day of the week, the poor girl had a rough night, but as it tends to go, she began feeling better as the day went on.  By the time her lesson at ROCK came around, she was doing much better, if for no other reason than to be there!  Today she rode Cash.  He is a retired race horse and is TALL!!  My gracious, what a change from Miss Piggy to Cash.  For her ride today, we went a little more conservative and had Amanda practice reigning Cash in the direction she wanted him to go as she rode on the Heroes Trail outside.  No trick riding today! She rode western and loved every minute of it.  After the lesson, the girls made home made trail mix as a snack to enjoy at upcoming lessons.  Without a doubt, it was a gorgeous day for riding horses at ROCK.










I don't know if you are like me, but I have several devotionals and books that I am currently reading.  It seems like my devotionals are spread throughout the house so no matter what room I am in, there is one handy to pick up and read.  Over the past few days, some have hit so close to home it is as if that day was written just for me.  A few examples:

From Streams in the Desert:
Worry only destroys the effectiveness of lives that would otherwise be useful and beautiful.

And wherever you find the widespread fog of trouble and the mist of sorrow, you always find emerald green hearts that are full of the beautiful foliage of the comfort and love of God.

From Jesus Calling:
Be willing to follow wherever I lead.  Follow Me wholeheartedly, with glad anticipation quickening your pace.  Though you don't know what lies ahead, I know; and that is enough!

Accept each day just as it comes to you, remembering that I am sovereign over your life.  Rejoice in this day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it.  Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances.  Trust Me and don't be fearful; thank Me and rest in My sovereignty. 

I peeked at tomorrow's and the opening sentence is:
Trust Me enough to let things happen without striving to predict or control them. (That just screams - "Listen up, Sandy!")


As I prepare for bed, I am once again weary from the day.  It surprises me how exhausting each day is.  I have come to the conclusion that a lot of it comes from my constant care and observation of Amanda.  It is emotionally draining to be on continual watch while at the same time doing my best not to hover or smother her.  I think the effort of hiding what I am doing is where the exhaustion really comes in!

Despite tomorrow's appointment and the question looming over me of whether or not she will start chemo, tonight I am full of thankfulness.

I just sat and listened to Brandon recite Isaiah 40:15-31 from memory.  He is doing extremely well in school and is enjoying football tremendously.  Amanda has had a good week, both physically and emotionally and I have the privilege to be with her each and every day.  I am blessed to be married to my best friend who loves the Lord with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his mind. 
My life is blessed.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment