I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, October 21, 2013

What we've been up to....

 I can't believe I haven't posted since last Wednesday!  It is hard to remember what all has gone on, and I guess that is a good thing in a way.  It means we haven't run into any major health issues and have just been busy enjoying our days. Amanda has continued to feel a little better every day and I am thrilled with how well she is recouping after chemo.  In fact, this past weekend, we played a little family game of flag football in the backyard with her right in the middle of it all. 

The next few days will be busy. Today we went to ROCK to feed, and we got to feed the outside horses as well as the horses that are brought in to the stalls each day.  I was surprised at how much extra work it added, there are a total of 24 horses, but you would never hear any complaints from Amanda!  Before we started feeding, Ms. Judy had a surprise for Amanda and asked if she would like to be the rider for one of their volunteer training classes that was scheduled for later in the afternoon.  Silly question, of course she would!  Amanda was already on cloud nine, but to top it off, our niece Sandra Jo (who came to feed with us today) was one of the students in the class so that made it a special experience. 

Tomorrow, we have our appointment at Dr. Harrod's and it will be a long day.  Amanda will receive her Avastin infusion, her antibiotic, the shot to help boost her white blood cells and most likely fluids.  We will be in the infusion room for hours....

At our last appointment, Amanda's nutritionist, Heather, made a little wager with her in regard to putting some weight on.  As I have mentioned, weight has been a struggle for us so Heather decided to get a little inventive with ways to set goals that Amanda would want to reach.  Here it is: if Amanda has gained three pounds in this past week and a half, one of our doctors will sing karaoke in the teen infusion room.  Oh yes, you read right - karaoke!  I have to say, I hope the doctors come ready to sing, because Amanda is very close to that goal!  Our day doesn't end after our appointment. We have to be back in Georgetown in time to make Brandon's football game after school. The season is winding down and I don't want to miss a single game!  The day feels rushed and it hasn't even started yet. 

Wednesday, Amanda has her lesson at ROCK and at her lesson last week, we shared some pretty exciting news with her.  An anonymous donor has provided the opportunity for Amanda to ride a second time each week!  She will ride on Wednesdays AND Thursdays each week that she feels physically up to it.   With our feeding day on Monday and lessons on Wednesday and Thursday, Amanda is one happy, horse-loving girl. 

Please pray for Amanda tomorrow.  She didn't go in last week but was given a break, and that has caused a little anxiety for tomorrow's port access.  Isn't it funny how sometimes, when you break a routine, it can actually be more harmful than helpful? 

 God continues to bless our family so much.  I am thankful for each and every day.   I came across the scripture below this morning and was reminded of God's great plan for each of our lives.  It is one of my favorite Psalms.

Psalm 139:13 - 18
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 

 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.


This helps me keep in perspective how little control I actually have over this life I live and who is truly in control of ALL things.  And for that reminder, I am extremely grateful.
Friday morning, we went to Grace to watch the craziness of Crazy Hat Day.  Even our mascot was participating.  :)
The Team Watson Flag Football game.  Let the competition begin....

What can I say? We are a little competitive....
Amanda and Sandra Jo took care of the feeding, and I was off mucking stalls..
Amanda put her right to work!
Meet Sherry, the Draft horse.  One. Big. Horse.
Then you have these guys - Shimmer and Peggy Sue.
This is Shimmer.  He is a big personality in a little body...
Feeding is hard work - Amanda found the perfect way to rest by catching a ride!
Here is Amanda, riding Jody, with Sandra Jo as her side-walker.
Then she also got to ride Miss Piggy.  Love getting to surprise her with what she loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment