I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Fun day, Monday

I continue to be amazed at Amanda's progress and her attitude.  Today was a wonderful day.  This past weekend, she and Brandon spent the night in Temple with Tom's parents and two of their cousins.  They played hard running, playing tag, climbing rock walls and swinging.  She pushed herself and they had very little sleep.  For me, that sounded like a recipe for a long, painful day today.  I was wrong!!  Amanda slept in a little late, but she got up and off we went to physical/occupation therapy this morning.  Her physical therapist, Cindy, was amazed at much improvement she saw from last month.  Honestly, so was I!  I just didn't know what to expect because I doubt myself on how hard to push her, when to make her do things and when to back off - so I was thrilled with that report.  Then, we got the same report from her occupational therapist, Jessica, as well.  She said it seemed that Amanda's strength in her hands have improved and that was a joyful surprise as well.  All the while, for most of the hour and a half session, Amanda chatted happily about various things that have been going on - mainly about this past weekend and her time at ROCK.   Because of how I anticipated she would wake up, I was a little surprised by her upbeat and perky mood.  Shows you what I know!

Amanda and Cindy
Jessica and Amanda - working out her arm.....and Amanda talking the whole time!

Are you sure this is actually work? Looks more like play!

We came home so Amanda could rest and do a little school work, then we were off for our Monday trip to ROCK to help feed.  Today, I started off mucking the stalls, but then switched to sweeping.  All I have to say about that is my hands are soft and I am out of shape.  As always, being out there is such a relaxing, fun and rewarding time.  Amanda worked hard feeding the horses today! Pulling a wagon full of horse feed is no easy task for such a small girl.  I love to watch her determination.  We decided our reward for working hard today was hanging around and watching Leslie walk the horses in from the pasture to their stalls.  It is so fun to see the various breeds and try to guess what each one is as they come by.  Amanda and I are determined to learn each horse and their name. We stayed long enough to make sure we saw Jody brought in, but by then, it was obvious Amanda was starting to fade just a little, and I was ready for a shower!!

Starting the day off - getting the stalls set so she can start to feed.
Even some of the horses have to take medicine!
Following directions is essential while feeding - each horse has a different "menu"


Traffic jam!
The horse we were waiting for - Cash and Jody!

Brandon woke up this morning feeling miserable, chest hurting and all the symptoms of something yucky coming on, so he was quarantined to his room for the day, but thankfully, he is feeling much better tonight and we don't anticipate it being anything that hangs on.

As we look to the week ahead, in my mind I don't feel like it is a busy one, but we do have a full schedule.  Brandon has two football games this week, Amanda has ROCK on Wednesday, her appointment with Dr. Harrod on Thursday followed by piano, then the boys have a retreat with church this weekend.  Hmmm, sounds busier now that I have it all written it down.

Please pray that Amanda's platelet count will stay high enough that we can begin chemo this week!  That would be just another step in the right direction for her.

What a surprising and delightful day.  As the evening has come on, we have all felt the exhaustion settle in.  Looking forward to a good night's sleep and praying for another great day tomorrow!

Psalm 118:24
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

2 comments:

  1. ♥♡♥tears of joy and praising God for a wonderful upbeat day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see that sweet face smiling so much! <3

    ReplyDelete