I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Proven wrong again

Not many people will admit that they love to be proved wrong, but I can honestly say that I love to be wrong when it comes to my predictions on how Amanda will feel!  She has continued to keep her level of energy at a good place this week and I am thrilled.

Yesterday was a big day, and I'm afraid Amanda is a little worn out today.  She was up and out of bed, so in my book, she still had a good day today!  Back to yesterday.  She had a great lesson at ROCK .  They rode in the pasture for a  trail ride and in spite of the wind, it was a gorgeous day.  We then headed straight over to physical therapy.  I had to cancel her PT appointment last week because of an appointment with Dr. Harrod.  When I talked to Ms. Cindy on the phone, I explained how hard the past month has been on Amanda physically.  Basically, because of our conversation, Ms. Cindy was expecting to go back to square one and start off real slow to get a feel for where Amanda is at.  Instead, Amanda walked in happy and worked her little heart out!

I continue to be inspired by my daughter.  She has had an incredibly challenging year, but has pushed through it with strength and courage,  She is getting better at opening up and talking about things.  She has become a stronger person and in turn, it has made me a stronger person.

Last night, Amanda crashed after her long day and because of that, at bedtime she struggled with  emotions that tend to hit all of us at night.  Doubts, worries and anxiety were getting the best of her - and in swooped her sweet daddy.  First, I love their relationship.  It is complex, precious, and deep.  He takes time to speak the truth of God's Word into her life and I am so thankful for that.  Last night, as I was in bed next to her, trying to soothe her, it was the quiet, calm strength of her daddy that she needed.  He came in, and after a few encouraging words, she was reminded that tomorrow would be a new day, she would be rested and be better able to handle what she was struggling with.  With a little more encouragement, she calmed down and was ready to settle down for bed.

I love how Tom and I have been blessed that both of us have the opportunity to be involved in every step of this journey.  We both have different strengths for her to draw from, and different styles of encouragement.   It is my prayer that as she grows, she will take the best pieces from the both of us, add them to the gifts God has already given her and go make a huge impact in this world for Christ.

The week is coming to an end and before us are two big days of events at Grace to wrap up the school year.  Hard to comprehend that another school year has gone by.   At this point, it is still hard to know if Amanda will have the energy to participate.  Please pray that she will have the energy to be a part of these next two days before we head into week four of cycle eleven and start mentally preparing for cycle twelve.

Exodus 15:2
The Lord is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father's God, and I will exalt him.


Psalm 136
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.

Amanda and Oakey out for a trail ride.
Our amazing team at ROCK.
Oakey was not in the  mood to do much trotting, but with the combined efforts of Sandra Jo and Amanda, he managed to put a little pep in his step.
Amanda and Mrs. Kristin
Melts my heart....
Her Romeo is still on the injured list.
At PT, doing a little daring swinging!  This shows how much her balance and core strength has improved.  Awesome.
Amanda did several styles of this workout with the exercise ball...
..and she worked hard at it!
The day ended with some time with Georgie.   As a follow up note, the picture on the previous post with Brandon and Uncle Powell was not Georgie, but Georgie's mom - Georgie Doc.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got directions to your blog (thanks to Roy pointing me the way). I read it for a couple of hours early this morning. I am uplifted by your strong faith and courage. Our God is soverign and his WILL shall prevail, even though our understanding of it is often limited. Praise Him for his grace.

    I have a correcton to the comment regarding the horse in the photo with Brandon and me. I could see it much better on the blog than on your phone. It is Georgie as a 6-year old that we're riding. What a precious picture (I admit my bias).

    ReplyDelete