I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day Three

Amanda is doing well, all things considered, although she is on the puny side today.  One of the side effects that unsettles me the most at the start of chemo is how pale Amanda gets in the first few days.  As I have repeatedly shared with you, she is good about telling us when she feels bad, so I just have to believe her when she says she feels okay, even when how she looks indicates otherwise.

I had the opportunity for a lovely evening out last night with friends.  I knew it would be hard for me to be away from Amanda, especially while she is on chemo, but I also knew that dressing up and having an evening out with close friends would be good for me.  It was a wonderful time and I am very glad I went.  Thomas was home yesterday so it was a special night for the kids and dad.  They took a trip to Temple to spend the evening with Maw Maw and PaPa Watson and had a great time. 

As we prepare to finish out day number three, I am thrilled that we are at the half-way point of cycle eleven!

John 16:33  
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment