I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Feeling pretty good!

What an amazing couple of days this has been.  I'd call it answered prayer because we have seen Amanda up and about over the weekend.  Saturday we had a nice day around the house getting little projects done.  Saturday night we had a great time with all the girls on the Smith side going out to dinner and taking pictures of my niece, Katie, as she headed off to her senior prom.  The boys went bowling, but I don't know who had more fun.  :)

Sunday, while Amanda rested in the morning, Tom and Brandon went to church.  We then went to Florence to celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day with my side of the family.   The day ended with us attending Lawler that evening with the family for Third Sunday Singing and fellowship.  It was a wonderful and full day, but Amanda did very well and enjoyed the entire day with little sign of fatigue!

Today, we went to the pottery shop with Sandra Jo and my mom to try and finish Amanda's horse we have been working on for a few months now.  The day Amanda started painting it, we didn't have time for her to finish, so we brought it home planning to go back and finish it.  We went back one day but she felt too bad to stay and it was starting to feel like we would never get the horse done.  Today, however, we were determined!  Sure enough, she was able to finish it and had a great time.  She even had enough energy to run a few errands after we picked Brandon up.  I am very happy to see her feeling good overall, with fatigue just right on the edge of everything.

Tomorrow is ROCK,  physical therapy and hopefully, if she feels up to it (Ha!) a trip out to see Georgie.  It will be a long day for her, but starting and ending the day with horses, I hope she will have a good day. 

Thursday night is our Rock Ceremony at Grace and then Friday is the last day of school. Amanda really wants to go to Field Day on Friday.  We are scheduled to go to Dr. Harrod's office, but that is because of the timing of her chemo cycle to check labs.  If she is feeling well, we won't need to go.  I know Amanda would appreciate prayers that she continues to have a good week so she can make the last day of school!

If you remember, while Amanda was still in the hospital she set a goal for herself and that was to attend field day.  Not only did she attend, but she stayed the entire morning and participated!  At that point in her treatment plan, we were waiting on the MRI that would show us how, or even if, the radiation treatment impacted the tumor.  I find it a little ironic that today, we are once again sitting at the edge, waiting on an MRI to tell us how treatment has affected the tumor "that other area."  As I look back at where we were this time last year, I am again filled with thankfulness for how God has blessed our family in the past year and how far Amanda has come in this journey. 

My emotions from last year haven't really strayed that far.  I can still relate to everything this says:
As we have mentioned again and again, the waiting is the hardest.  Staying focused and living in the here and now has been more difficult for me.  I struggle daily and have to continuously make the choice to not worry about tomorrow or what the future holds, but to completely live in the moment and cherish our family time. I recently mentioned to a dear friend how two particular statements have helped me these last three months and they again struck me with their truth.  The first truth is that nothing is a surprise to God.  I find such comfort in that.  He already knows what the results of her MRI on Monday.   The second is that only God numbers her days, not the doctors.  So even though they have statistics and educated guesses and they are doing an amazing job treating her, they are not the ones in control. We are thankful for them, but our God is still sovereign. Now, that doesn’t mean I don’t or won’t worry – because I do and I will, but knowing and clinging to those truths are important!  It keeps me from straying too far into the place of worry and fear.  
 (posted on CaringBridge on May 30)

Amanda's deer from the Double A Ranch in Uvalde came in.  Boy, he is something else!
Sandra Jo, Amanda and Katie on Saturday.  We took some beautiful pictures that evening!
She worked hard painting today.  We had so much fun!
On May 19, 2008, I had the awesome experience of watching my father baptize my daughter.
Amanda invited some of her special friends from Grace to come, the Schwab family and Mrs. Logan. Along with other family members that were present, Grampy and both sets of grandparents (pictured here) were also there for this big day.
I saw this sweet picture on Brandon's five year old birthday slide show. (I have spent some time walking down memory lane this month.)  Uncle Powell has been in our family for quite some time.  :)  Amanda and I are pretty sure this is Georgie....
Psalm 136:4
 Give thanks to him who alone does mighty miracles. His faithful love endures forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment