I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Did not see that coming...

I did not get that good night's sleep I was hoping for last night.  Amanda woke up and was sick for almost two hours during the night.  I so did not see that one coming.  Chemo is over, and I just never considered that she would continue to have side effects from it.  Poor thing.  She never stops amazing me with her good attitude.  The only complaint she had was that Dad wasn't home. 

Today she has been taking it easy, but not eating much.  I hope weight does not become an issue again.  Tonight she has had a headache and is even taking medicine for it.  Ugh.

So the night was long and emotional after a long and emotional day at the doctor.  I simply feel brain dead at the moment.  I'm walking in a daze.  So an early bedtime tonight with all the proper medications on board for Amanda will be in order. 

Sometimes, as I consider what scripture to close with, I will go back to Caring Bridge and read the posts that friends and family have written to our family since last February.  Going back to the beginning, during those first few days where we were scrambling to catch our breath and make sense of what was happening, the love that was poured out through your words are still felt as strong today as they were then - maybe even more so!   When I find myself struggling with where are today, as I often have this past month, I also go back to be reminded of how far we have come. 

The tears come as quickly tonight as I read the written evidence of the body of Christ holding us up with prayer and the word of God through this entire journey.  Do you know how thankful I am for each of you?  I am so thankful, every day, more than words can say.

When I am tired, my emotions tend to get the better of me, but tonight, the tears were a comfort.  We are blessed in too many ways to count.  Please pray that Amanda will rebound quickly and have some days where she is feeling good before her counts start to drop.  With no plans for the weekend, I'm hoping that she can rest and slowly start to do things as she feels up to it.

Psalm 103
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and all that is within me,
    bless his holy name!

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits,

who forgives all your iniquity,
    who heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit,
    who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

who satisfies you with good
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The Lord works righteousness
    and justice for all who are oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses,
    his acts to the people of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious,
    slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
He will not always chide,
    nor will he keep his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
    nor repay us according to our iniquities. 
 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
    so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
As a father shows compassion to his children,
    so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him. 
For he knows our frame;
    he remembers that we are dust.
 As for man, his days are like grass;
    he flourishes like a flower of the field; 
for the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
    and its place knows it no more. 
But the steadfast love of the Lord 
is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him,
    and his righteousness to children's children, 
to those who keep his covenant
    and remember to do his commandments. 
The Lord has established his throne in the heavens,
    and his kingdom rules over all.
 Bless the Lord, O you his angels,
    you mighty ones who do his word,
    obeying the voice of his word! 
Bless the Lord, all his hosts,
    his ministers, who do his will!
Bless the Lord, all his works,
    in all places of his dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!

3 comments:

  1. Always thinking of you all and hoping that you all get some good rest tonight. Praying that Amanda feels better tomorrow. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, You are such an amazing testimony of strength and faith...I'm praying God holds you closely tonight and blesses you with peaceful rest. Love and miss you so much. Kaaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys!! God's blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete