I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, March 17, 2014

What a great day!

Sitting here tonight, I am just so thrilled with how well Amanda is doing.  Here we are, week three of cycle nine and she is doing great!  Today she had her once a month physical therapy session and she did amazing.  Amanda's hip is better, she has no soreness or pain anywhere - she is really feeling good.  Seeing her raise her arms, balance on her left leg and do exercises was exciting.  Amanda has come so far.  Cindy was very pleased with where she is at and they had a great PT session.

It's hard to believe that she goes to Dr. Harrod's on Friday for her second infusion.  Time flies!  I was talking to Amanda earlier today about starting cycle ten on April first and how excited I am about that.  I told her that it just feels good to be able to say we are at cycle ten.  She commented that cycle twelve is going to feel even better!  I love her great attitude.

Looking at our next three weeks (here I go, working my calendar...) she has her infusion on Friday, MRI on Monday, then we get the scan results next week on April first.  That means there will be a week between the scans and when we get the results.  The appointment on April first will be a nuero/onc appointment where we review the scans with both Dr. George and Dr. Harrod.  I have to admit that I am excited about that.  Amanda will also start chemo that day.  She will have a full day!

For now, we will continue to soak up each day and take advantage of this beautiful weather.  I am thankful for how well Amanda is feeling.  God has blessed us so very much.

Zephaniah 3:17  
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Doing a little stretching with Ms. Cindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment