I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day four and what a day

What a day today has been. On top of chemo, Amanda has had a cold all week - sore throat, cough, congestion and lots of Kleenex.  Brandon was home today with very similar symptoms, so I went ahead and took him to the doctor just to make sure he didn't have anything contagious.  Thankfully it is not anything major but the poor guy feels miserable.  This afternoon, we headed to his second doctor appointment for the day but he got some great news - his doctor cleared him to be out of the boot! Even though he will stay in a compression wrap and ankle brace for the next few weeks and still have limited activity, he is overjoyed to be out of the boot!

Amanda continues to simply feel bad and it is so hard to see.  With her cold on top if it, the symptoms are hard for me to distinguish between col and chemo and know what is what.  I keep asking myself, "Does she feel this way because of chemo, or is that a cold symptom?"  Ugh. The constant being on edge has made for a long week. 

God's timing is perfect and I am so thankful for friends that encourage and pray for me.  So many have reached out to me today just to say they are thinking and praying for me.   I'm embarrassed to say this, but for whatever reason, I really think Amanda is taking this week better than I am and she is the one going through it all.  So I appreciate prayers for this worn down mom and for my sweet kids, not to mention Tom who has been on a 48 and I know he is ready to be home. 

I am going to go to sleep praying that we all wake up feeling refreshed in the morning ready for a new day.  Thankful that his mercies are new each morning.

Day four is down. One more day to go.

Lamentations 3:21-23
But this I call to mind,
    and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment