I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, March 24, 2014

MRI day

Even though we didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn, this morning was still hard.   No matter how many times Amanda goes through the MRI process, the anxiety is still there.  I don't blame her one bit.

Today they did a full spine and brain scan, so she was back for two hours before we were called to recovery.  While Amanda always has a hard time coming out of anesthesia, I think we have found a good cocktail that helps her wake up easier.  Once again, I am so thankful for the amazing people at Dell.   We saw our favorite charge nurse in recovery, but everyone else was new to us today.  As always, everyone did an amazing job with Amanda and took very good care of her.   

So now, unless there is something of concern on the scans, we will receive a report on the scans next Tuesday, April 1.

I came across the first verse below a few weeks back and saved it, knowing that this week would present challenges for me while we wait on the results.

May my waiting be worship and may I wait with hope, sheltered in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
    and in his word I hope.
 

Psalm 91:1-2
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 

I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”


Walking in to Dell this morning by her favorite mode of transportation these days - piggy back, or as they call it 'horse back ride,' from Daddy.   Her newest stuffed giraffe, Spots, went with her for her MRI.

No comments:

Post a Comment