I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Cycle Nine has officially begun!

Today we started Amanda's ninth chemotherapy cycle.  The morning was an early one as we headed to Dell after dropping Brandon off at school.  Amanda's labs came back looking good, so we were back to the infusion room to get started.  As I have mentioned, Amanda gets a very large dose of Benedryl with her antibiotic.  While technically the infusion went well today, emotionally it did not.  The medication makes her very grouchy and she feels yucky, making one unhappy little girl.  I don't think there is anything more painful than sitting by and knowing you can't do anything to help your child feel better.  Despite the noise of the infusion room, she settled down and fell asleep for the remainder of her infusion and I was very glad about that.  She just took her first chemo pill like a champ.  Day one down.

On the way home this afternoon, we had to stop by ROCK and see Romeo.  With the cold weather last week, we did not make her Wednesday ride, and at some point in the past two weeks, Romeo has re-injured himself!  With chemo this week, I don't think Amanda will make her ride, so a little time with Romeo was a good thing for her today.  I think it was also good for Romeo to get a little lovin'!

Please pray for a calm week for Amanda and that we get through this first night without any sickness.

We sang this song last night in church, and each time we do, it reminds me where my focus needs to continually be.  It has been rolling through my head all day and has been an incredible comfort to me.

God I Look to You

God I look to You, I won't be overwhelmed
Give me vision to see things like You do
God I look to You, You're where my help comes from
Give me wisdom; You know just what to do

I will love You Lord my strength
I will love You Lord my shield
I will love You Lord my rock forever
All my days I will love You God

Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns forever
All my days Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment