I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend review and MRI tomorrow, Monday

What a weekend we have had.  Friday night, we went to watch my niece, Katie, in a drama production at her school.  Talk about growing up fast!  I took her senior pictures on Saturday afternoon.

Saturday morning Tom, Brandon and I played paintball.  I have never played before and to be honest, my boys were hoping for the chance to take a shot at me.  Tom and I ended up on the same team, and thankfully Brandon never got the opportunity.  Somehow I managed to avoid being shot at all!  I did, however, learn an important lesson that day - I am woefully out of shape.  My sore muscles scream at me every time I move.  It's really sad. 

From paintball, we went to Ryan's baseball game and then we spent the rest of my day at my folks, with me recuperating from my two hours of all-out paintball warfare.  I think I must be getting old. 

Today, Amanda was tired from her big weekend and spent the day resting in preparation for tonight's service.  Tonight, Thomas was ordained as a Deacon and it was a beautiful day in the life of our family.  Thomas and I feel blessed to be a part of Crestview Baptist Church.  As we look back over the past five years, God has grown us and given us friendships with amazing brothers and sisters in Christ.  Tonight, to have the deacon body come by, one by one, and pray over Tom and I was a powerful event.  We were touched by how many of our friends and family came to be a part of the evening. 

Tomorrow is Amanda's MRI.  By the time many of you read this, she may already be in the MRI or even possibly home.  Our arrival time at Dell is 10:00 a.m,, which has already caused anxieties for Amanda because she can't eat before her MRI and she is afraid she will be hungry.  She doesn't need anything else to add to her anxieties - the day itself is enough as it is.  Brandon will be going with us.  I think it is sweet how she wants him there and he wants to be there to support her.  It is important for me that Brandon knows he has an strong role during this time in Amanda's life and treatment process.  I am grateful for how God is shaping his life during this time.  We have seen him grow and mature this year in ways I never imagined.  God is good.

So as I turn in tonight, it will be with prayers for peaceful sleep and that Amanda will have the courage to face tomorrow.

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment