I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy, happy, happy....

Another appointment down!  Today Amanda had her appointment for her second infusion of cycle nine which means we are officially half way through the cycle. 

At the end of Spring Break, my dad took Brandon golfing and my mom, my oldest sister, my niece, Amanda and I went and painted ceramics!  Yesterday, mom, Amanda and I picked them up and Amanda's turned out beautiful.  She painted it after Uncle Powell's horse, Zachy.
Making our creations
Amanda and her masterpiece - "Zachy"
This morning, I had the privilege to participate in a little bit of fun at Grace for their Read-a-thon assembly.  The theme this year was "Reading makes me happy, happy, happy" so when I was asked to dress up like a Robertson, how could I pass that up?!  There were two Upper School students and our lion mascot who were all decked out in beards.  It got all crazy red-neck up in that assembly.  We love to have a good time.  (Umm, there are some photos below to help prove that point!)

Even the Duck crew have joined Team Watson!!  (Okay, not really, but I like to imagine they are...) 
My kids are so proud of me.....Actually, they are really good sports and handle their mother's crazy antics well.  They have had plenty of experience through the years:

Mr. Adair and I ready to present poetry, 1960 coffee house style.
Mrs. Phillips and I on Mis-match Day.
The Admin Team on "Mustache Day" last year.
And this is probably my favorite, working carpool on Mr. Adair's birthday sporting my green wig. I think green is a good color for me....
Back to today.....
The bearded duo, ready to crash assembly!
I dressed up for the occasion - I wore my "Happy, happy, happy" tie and everything!
No surprise, it was the Lion who brought the house down....
For some crazy reason, the students voted the Lion as having the best beard......pshaw.
Amanda went to her class and sat with her classmates during assembly.  She enjoyed getting to see them, even if it was just a short visit.  After we left the school, we stopped by the house to pick up Thomas and it was off to Dell.  (and yes, I did change first!)  Amanda really struggled with going this morning, but by the end of the appointment she was doing great.  As I have mentioned, it is usually the apprehension and fear that gets her, but she was also up very early this morning, so that is a bad combination. Once we were there and her port was accessed, she calmed down.  Her labs look great and the infusions went well.  The clinic was crazy busy today, so thankfully it was her short appointment.  While we were there, we received a surprise visit from Ella, the therapy dog:
She looks a lot like Ginger!
Our weekend from here will be a busy one.  Tomorrow, Team Watson (excluding Amanda) will participating in a fundraiser for the Grace Academy Latin Club at the new Georgetown Paintball course.  If you like to paintball, come on out and have fun while supporting a great club! (Let me know if you want more details!)
From there we go to my parent's house for our our monthly get together to celebrate birthdays.  My nephew, Ryan, turns 16!  They grow up so fast...
2005-Me, Amanda, Brandon, Ryan, Katie, Joanna and Kyle.  Second row, Melinda, Mom, Sandra Jo, Dad and Cody.
Sunday will be a very blessed day in our family.  At the evening service, Thomas will be ordained as a deacon.  I'm so glad the timing works out so that Amanda will feel good for the service.  We are looking forward to this special time in the life of our family.

God, in his mercy and grace, continues to pour out his blessings upon our family.  My heart is full of joy, thanksgiving and praise.

Psalm 40:5
You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
    your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
    none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment