I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day Five, Cycle Ten done!

Happy Saturday!  We are officially on day five.  Tonight she will take her last dose of cycle ten.  Happy day!

Yesterday was a good day.  We even went swimming.  I can tell she is getting a little more tired as the week comes to an end, but she is still doing great. 

Last night, as we were getting ready to take her medicine, I told her only two more days left, and she was quick to respond with, "Then only two more cycles!"  I think she is looking forward to being done.  She has done remarkably well this cycle, especially considering the dose increase.  Amanda even commented that she thinks this is one of the best cycles she has had.  Love her outlook on this process. 

Remembering what those early days were like, as we finish this cycle, the increased dose might not hit her until those last two weeks.  That is when we could see her counts drop.  So the end of week three into week four might be a little rougher than what we are used to, OR, she could continue to do well and there not be any major change.  Let's all pray for no change!

I am doing a little better each day, leaning as deep into God's grace as I possibly can.  Whenever I start to get anxious or worry, I immediately seek out a scripture or music to redirect my thoughts, and usually go get close to Amanda.  I have managed to do that without her feeling suffocated. :) 
 
Each day, I will wake up thanking God for what He has already done in the life of our family and pray that these last three months of treatment will continue to prove effective.  At the end of the day, I will pray the same thing.  From the bottom of my heart, I would appreciate your continued prayers for our daughter.

If you listen to Christian radio, I am sure you have heard the song, "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" by Hillsong United.  If not, I highly recommend you listening to it.  This song first really spoke to me at the IFGathering conference I attended a few months back and has become one of my absolute favorite songs.  This week, my brother-in-law sent the song to me as encouragement and has since been rolling through my mind, so I wanted to end today's post by sharing the lyrics along with a picture of what Amanda has been up to yesterday and today. 

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Amanda painting flower pots for her spring flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment