I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday, part one

What a day today has been!  This first part is not about Amanda, but instead, about a special treat I experienced today that was greatly enjoyed.   A friend won a gift certificate for Mother's Day for a spa day at the Travaasa Spa in Austin along with a gift certificate for Eat Out In.  She called the spa, shared our story and said she would like to give the gift certificate to me if that would be possible.   Travaasa called back and said she could keep her gift certificate and they would give me one as well!  They also gave me a gift certificate for Eat Out In, which I plan to take advantage of very soon.  So, to make a long story short, today was my much anticipated spa day!

No, this is not the fun event I mentioned last night.  Although this was definitely fun for me, that one is all about Amanda.  Look for the details and pictures in a post tomorrow, "Thursday, part two," but for tonight, I wanted to share a little of my relaxing day at this beautiful resort. 



You know you are about to enjoy your experience when it is a gated property...
My view from a cabana prior to my Hill Country Honeybee Massage and Treatment
After my massage, the relaxation continued outside, starting with the hot tub


My cabana - And for the record, I was very discreet and nonchalant as I took these pictures. After all, I couldn't look too touristy.  :)


After that amazing day, I met Tom and Amanda at Mrs. Hausenfluke's for our first piano lessons since last March.  Talk about blessings.  Amanda sat down and played like she has only missed a few lessons instead of six months.  And she is playing with her left hand!  It will be a slow, gradual process getting that left hand back to where it needs to be, but oh my, to hear her play was a beautiful thing.  I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Mrs. Hausenfluke taught me piano lessons when I was Amanda's age, so her giving lessons to Amanda has always been a sweet thing for me. (Amanda was in her second year of lessons when she was diagnosed)  I am so honored to have Mrs. Hausenfluke walk alongside us on this journey as piano becomes part of Amanda's physical therapy.  I am looking forward to watching, no, hearing Amanda's progress!


Psalm 40:3-4

He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord.
  Blessed is the man who makes
    the Lord his trust



1 comment: