I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, September 23, 2013

A great day today

Our entire family made it to worship yesterday morning!  That is the first time in a very long time.  It was wonderful. 

Amanda seems to have turned a corner during this cycle with how she is feeling.  She is feeling much better, with just  occasional stomach discomfort.  Last night, she rode her bike and played on a playground!  It was for a short time, but I was thrilled that she felt up to getting out and going to play. 

Today was a good day.  I'd even say it was a great day.  Amanda and I slept in a little later than we should have for a school day, but hey, that's one of the perks of home schooling!   We had a great day in school today.  We started Shurley Grammar!  I have been putting that one off because it intimidates me so much, but I received some great encouragement from a friend yesterday at church that really gave me the push I needed.  Amanda and I had a pretty good time together getting our first lesson done.  I was definitely relieved to get that first lesson behind me.  Tomorrow she has her Latin review and that will help us know how best to get back on track with Latin.  I am just feeling really very pleased about how school is going at this point. 

As an end of the day treat, we headed over to ROCK to do some volunteering.  We mucked a few stalls, helped feed the horses and Amanda loved every minute of it.  I also had a great time.  Getting the opportunity to take part in the care of the horses is a privilege for me considering all the joy and benefit it brings to Amanda.  The fact that she also enjoys the feeding makes it that much more special to me.  It was a great bonding time AND some amazing physical therapy that she didn't even realize she was getting!  After such a good day, I am feeling incredibly blessed right now. 

Of course, I took some pictures while we worked.  I need to remember to take my good camera with me instead of always using my phone.  It doesn't take the best pictures, but it is still fun to document such a fun part of our day!

Before we started the real work, Miss Piggy got a little one-on-one grooming.

And for the record, I did help muck out the stalls! I just had to take a picture first.  :)
Here she goes, ready to feed. She pulled the wagon, scooped and fed, wanting to do as much by herself as possible!
Even at the end, she was still having a blast.
Amanda has big week ahead.  Wednesday she has her appointment with Dr. Harrod.  She will receive her second infusion of Avastin for this cycle.  Then it will be off to ROCK for her lesson for this week.  She has been eagerly looking forward to it since last Wednesday.  On Friday, her MRI is scheduled for 9:45 a.m.  I am looking forward to the day with hopeful anticipation!  While we will not find out the results until possibly as late as Wednesday of next week, I am still excited to see what progress has been made on the tumor over the last two rounds of chemo.  Please pray that we will see a wonderfully significant reduction in the size of the tumor! 

All morning I have been humming an upbeat song that we sang Sunday morning.  I think it is a good way to close today's blog....


Everyday with You, Lord is sweeter than the day before
Every morning I will worship, every evening I’ll adore
'Cause everyday with You is sweeter, sweeter than the day before

What a privilege to know You, like I know You…
To be loved like You loved me
What honor to worship, truly worship
From this heart that You have freed
From the rising of the sun to the setting of the same

Everyday with You, Lord is sweeter than the day before
Everyday with You, Lord is Sweeter than the day before
Every morning I will worship, Every evening I’ll adore
‘Cause everyday with You is sweeter, sweeter than the day before

What a wonder to live life, really live life.
Overcoming anything
What a reason to lift up, freely lift up…
Everyday my everything
From the rising of the sun to the setting of the same

Everyday with You, Lord is sweeter than the day before
Everyday with You, Lord is Sweeter than the day before
Every morning I will worship, Every evening I’ll adore
‘Cause everyday with You is sweeter, sweeter than the day before

No comments:

Post a Comment