I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day One

Today started very early with Amanda coming to my bed around 5:45 and never really falling back asleep.  She got up with me as I fixed breakfast, made Brandon's lunch and dropped him off at school.  We had plans to run to HEB, do school work, have lunch with a friend, then take a cookie cake to school at recess time to celebrate her birthday with her class.  After we walked into HEB, however, she started to feel bad and by the time we had walked from one end of the store to the other, our entire day's plan was in question. 

We came home and she went to her favorite chair, saying all she needed was to sit in her chair for just a little while and she would feel better.  After about 10 minutes, still was feeling bad, the next attempt was soaking in a hot tub of water to help her feel better.  Unfortunately, that didn't work, so we crawled into bed together and put a movie on to try and distract her from how she was feeling and keep her calm.  Anxiety continues to be a struggle for her and once she passes a certain point, it takes some time for her to calm down.  I am thankful that she knows that about herself, but I also understand how hard it is sometimes to keep our emotions at bay.  I have found talking her through it, pointing out when she starts to go that way really helps her calm herself down.  So as we snuggled under the covers, I pointed out today is yet another day that I am thankful we made the decision to home school, and she agreed wholeheartedly! 

She has been eating and drinking good today, but she confessed that she has weighed herself three times and all three times she weighed the same, but less than yesterday.  Ouch.  What a battle.   She is old enough to understand how important it is for her to eat and eat healthy, especially during this time, but we still have to work at it daily to make sure she eats throughout the day.  Much of this is out of her control when it comes to eating because some days she just feels too bad to eat.  Thankfully, today was not one of those days!

After Brandon got out of school, we made a trip over to Double G Archery to get Brandon set up for this weekend and the kids did a little shooting.  We have a get-away to the river planned and Brandon is going to try a little bow fishing! Tom and I celebrate 16 wonderful years of marriage this Friday, so I am calling it our anniversary get away, but truthfully, Grace has a three day weekend, so it was just a good time for a little vacation.   Plus, with Amanda on chemo this week, it is a great excuse for a little R&R for everyone as we complete a challenging week.  

Actually, this week is a kind of crazy.  Tomorrow, the boys are off on an overnight Logic School Retreat with Grace and then on Friday night, they have a lock-in with the youth group at church.  Tomorrow, Amanda has her first lesson at ROCK and on Thursday she starts piano lessons again.  Amanda and I will have plenty of sweet girl time with the boys gone for two nights and since I love movies and reading, total relaxation is just written all over this week.  Seeing as how her day went today, that is a very good thing.

My night ended with a much needed phone call that was wonderfully timed and completely from God. It started off as a "touching base" phone call and ended up soothing my spirit.   I love looking at how God has brought certain people into my life during this time that are strong in their faith, wise and encouraging.  She just let me talk and share all the emotional chaos that I feel swirling around me while being a calm voice and steady encouragement to just take it all to the Lord.  And get a good nights sleep!  A woman after my own heart, oh how I do love and need my sleep.  I know there are those of you shaking your heads saying, "Yes, she does!"

As Amanda took her medicine tonight, she was very frank about how poorly she was feeling to the point that it made me laugh.  I am so happy that God has blessed me with this family.   They fill my life with joy.  Praying for a better day tomorrow.

Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

She did a little shooting today!
Despite not getting to take it to school, the kids still enjoyed her birthday cookie!
Her cuddling buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment