I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day Four

So happy to see Amanda perk up enough tonight to ride the four wheeler after the day she has had. While there has been nothing extreme, she has felt bad all day. While that is to be expected considering the medication she is taking, watching her just sit there feeling miserable is so hard on me.

Trying to stay focused on the positive, she is still eating and drinking well.  I think after that first treatment cycle, I will never take for granted those simple things.  Please pray that as we go through these next few days that are usually the most difficult of chemo, she will have a peaceful spirit despite whatever her physical state may be.  Please pray that for me also?  Pray that I will be able to stay at peace for the both of us.  I can physically feel the effects of how tense I have been this past week or so and the last thing I need is for me to come down with something because I am worn out!

Tonight is her fourth dose, and I am thrilled to be nearing the end of this cycle. Getting her through this rocky week and a half of chemo will be a huge relief.   Our next scheduled appointment is not until Monday which is a change from last cycle where we had three appointments over a week and half time frame while she was taking chemo.  I think that is an improvement!

The kindness from friends over the past week has been extremely meaningful to me.  The phone calls, gestures of love, words of encouragement and messages of support have truly lifted my spirits. Thank you.

So here we are, on our river get-away.  This little get-away has come at a perfect time for me.   The change of scenery of being in the peacefulness of God's creation with my family has already been refreshing.

Here's to three days of relaxation and relishing in the company of my family as I focus on God's many blessings in my life. 

The following is a portion from the devotion, "40 Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer"

Psalm 25:4-5
Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
   teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
   for you are the God of my salvation;
   for you I wait all day long.

Lord Jesus, only you know where my path will lead, but I trust that, even if I do not know either the way or the destination, you are with me and before me, and I follow you with joy.
Amen!

The first ride of the evening - even Ginger tagged along.

No comments:

Post a Comment