I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What a weekend


What a wonderful weekend.  We’ve had this weekend on the calendar for months and honestly, as the date drew near, we didn’t anticipate being able to go just due to the timing of Amanda’s treatment.  Once again, and praise God, she continues to surprise me.  While I could see at times she was running on empty, she knew when to sit out and take it easy.  I did my best not to hover, constantly ask her how she was feeling or stay by her side the entire time.  What a challenge that was!   With family, Amanda does seem to be a little more independent, but still likes for mom to be around in case she needs to talk, and I have grown to love those moments.    

The change of scenery this weekend seemed to do Amanda good, and considering she had just completed her chemo medication, I am still amazed that not only did we go, but that she was able to play and have a good time.  It was an answer to prayer and gives me bright hope for future rounds of chemo.

While we are home and in our routine, for me, the reality of Amanda's illness is very different than when we are out and about with other people, even if it is family.  It sits heavier on my heart during those times and I struggle to not let it overshadow my own enjoyment.  It is at those moments that I need to remember to simply trust God's sovereignty and enjoy the day.   At times, that is often easier said than done.

Today Amanda is feeling good and we have a pretty laid back week ahead of us.  This afternoon we are off to a sixth grade class mixer at Cherry Berry for Brandon. That is hard to fathom - I have a sixth grader! The kids will spend tomorrow with the Smith cousins and then this Friday, she will receive her second medication along with her antibiotic medication, both by transfusion.  Tom had a meeting this morning, so the kids and I were lazy.  Isn’t it funny how you need to recuperate after vacation?

As I look at the pictures, I am filled with thankfulness.  We are blessed. 

 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights. James 1:17

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Seeing all the pictures of love and fun!

    ReplyDelete