I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

To Dell, or not to Dell, that is the question....

Today started off with me planning a trip to Dell tomorrow.  This morning, our plans were to go to early service at church and then depending on how Amanda felt, would decide if Amanda and I would head to Sunday School or head home.  We didn't even make it to church.  She got up and got ready for church and got dizzy and short of breath.  Those were the same symptoms that hit her last month when her platelets started dropping.  Since we are entering the fourth week of this cycle, I was not at all surprised, in fact I have been anticipating this.   So Amanda and I stayed home this morning.  This afternoon I went to a surprise anniversary party and when I returned home this evening, she was feeling much better!  In fact, after that one spell this morning, she has not had any other problems.  Praise God!  So we are keeping our plans to go to physical therapy tomorrow and our appointment at Dell is still scheduled for Wednesday. 

She was feeling well enough that we made it to church tonight.  I am so glad we did! Tonight, part of the sermon was about how important it is for us to be in church.  How worshiping with the body of Christ replenishes our weary spirits, refreshes us and prepares us to go back out into the world with the strength to not only face what may come, but also be a witness to those we come in contact with.  How true that is! I have missed many services since Amanda has been diagnosed and every time I have the opportunity to go it is always a huge blessing.  I have never regretted staying home with Amanda, but I do cherish those times that we worship together, in church, as a family.  

Yesterday, we had a light day and managed to make it out one more time to the skeet range before Casey heads back to college. (See previous post for our recent trip to the skeet range.)  I even gave it a try and think I did fairly well.  I didn't even bruise!  Well, honestly, that was probably because I only shot about a dozen times, but I still had a great time.  Our day ended with dinner at home and a little Duck Dynasty.  We do have a good time watching that show!  It makes us happy, happy, happy.



Tonight, as the day comes to an end, tomorrow morning brings a new day.  I am tempted to say with unknown factors and unknown anxieties, but I really can't go there.  Although, I am amazed at when I do find myself going down that path, how quickly God's promises gets me right back where I need to be. 

2 Samuel 2:2-4, 32-33

 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, 
 my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation,
    my stronghold and my refuge,
    my savior; you save me from violence. 

 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies.


For who is God, but the Lord?
    And who is a rock, except our God?
This God is my strong refuge
    and has made my way blameless

1 comment:

  1. Hoping Amanda had a good day today! Always thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete