I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School Day!

What a day!  Today, we all attended back to school day.  How fun it was to see how much the school is growing!  It touched me to see the Team Watson tshirts around campus. Our family is ready to officially kick off the school year tomorrow.

Amanda went along today and she is planning on attending a portion of the first day of school before she heads down to Dell for her labs tomorrow.  It was another great day for her.  Please pray that her labs will be high enough that she is able to start chemo tomorrow!  What a joy that would be after last month's six week cycle to be able to have a four week cycle.  

Amanda and I may have a bit of a delayed start with schooling depending on how the next few days go with her treatment. That may be a good thing because I need a little time to wrap my head around the curriculum!  I am amazed at God's goodness.  Amanda's teacher this year at Grace is such a huge blessing and has been incredibly helpful getting me ready to start teaching.  Not only do I have the support of the school, it seems like friends are coming out of the woodwork offering to support me in any way possible as I take on home schooling.  Whether it is to come in and be a "different face", helping me understand the curriculum or simply words of encouragement that I can do this and not be too hard on myself, it has been welcomed and appreciated. I imagine there will be days that I feel like I am the world's worst teacher, but perhaps we will have days that I feel like I know what I am doing....I guess only time will tell.

James 1:2-8; 12
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.  But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;  he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment