I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

A productive day!

Amanda has had a good day today.  We tried to run a few errands and do some grocery shopping, but she was not up to it.  Her legs were too weak.  Other than that symptom, she has been doing very well.
This picture was taken last March at the Taco Fundraiser put on by the Georgetown and Round Rock Fire Departments.  Look how tiny Ginger was!
When we received her labs yesterday, I was surprised that her white blood cell count was as good as it was, especially with her low platelet count.  As I thought about it more today, I came up with this possibility.  I remembered that Amanda had been on two separate antibiotics because of her low white blood cell count to help prevent infection.  She had reactions to both of those drugs and they impacted her count.  Basically, while we may have this issue with a low platelet count each cycle, there is a good chance that we may not have the complication of such low white blood cells!  That would indeed be a huge praise! 

I think today was a very productive day on the home school front.  We actually had math, history and literature class today.  I made great progress with organization and enjoyed reviewing the various subjects we plan to tackle this year.  I created a daily schedule with therapy workouts, classes and chores labeled, but I have a feeling it will get tweaked quiet a few times over the upcoming weeks as we settle in to a routine.  On a humorous note, I did find out quickly what does not work, but thankfully I did find a little of what does!  Overall, I end the day with an excitement that I haven't felt before. 

Amanda's next MRI is scheduled for the end of September.  After the last wonderful result, I am praying for another positive scan!  These are events we look forward to with hopeful anticipation.  Please continue to pray, that if it is God's will, that there will one day be complete healing!

So I am ending tonight with a rather silly admission.  I sort of miss CaringBridge.  Not the sight itself, because I enjoy being able to add as many pictures to my blog as I like and this site is more user friendly, but I miss the little hearts at the end of each post.  I miss how easy it was for you all to post comments, and then everyone had the opportunity to heart them as well.  It was almost like getting to talk or chat with a friend for that day.  Just to see your name at the bottom of the post, or a short comment, felt like contact with everyone "on the outside" and it was nice.  I don't mean for that to sound like a pity-party and I'm sorry if it comes across that way.  I think it just goes to show how even the smallest of gestures, like the click of a heart, has the ability to brightens someone's day.  

Having shared that, tomorrow I will look for small ways to brighten someone's day.  How about you?

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

  Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will
cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.  For we know in part and we prophesy in part,  but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.  For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

4 comments:

  1. tried to make a heart..but it didn't work. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3!!! So happy to hear about the white blood cells! We are praying for complete healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,
    It was so good to see you the other day! Let's get together some time... sending you lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete