I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, August 26, 2013

We made it!

We made it! No early trip to Dell needed.  Amanda has been doing very well today.  She was feeling so well in fact that we joined Tom on a quick run to Home Depot as a break from school work this morning.  Ah, the perks of home school. :)  By the time we got home, however, she was ready for a rest!  The fact that she was wanting to go and do things gives me great hope that her counts are on the rise, and not the opposite. 

After finishing her work and getting a nice break this afternoon, she went with Tom to pick up Brandon from football practice.  Mondays and Wednesdays will be long days for Brandon.  He has after school study hall then football practice until 6:00 p.m.  I think this year is going to be a big adjustment for him as he learns to balance sports while at the same time his academics are getting more difficult.  However, he is a diligent student and enjoys sports so much, I have no doubt that he will quickly adapt.  I, on the other hand, will miss him on those long days  The one good thing I immediately see is that come bedtime, there will be no asking for just five more minutes.  He is going to be one tired young man!

Today felt like a productive day, and once again, I learned some lessons regarding Amanda's school work and balancing the freedom of not having a set schedule.  While we accomplished everything I had planned for today, plus an extra math lesson, there is still room for improvement on my structuring of the day.  I think staying focused is the key......now if I can just figure out how to daily accomplish that, we will be doing good!

As we wound down our day over dinner, Brandon was excited about a lab they did in science today and wanted to show it to us.  So after we were done eating, he gathered all the needed ingredients and proceeded to do an experiment on density.  Fun!
My little mad scientists.
Tomorrow we will find out where we stand with the timing of her chemo.  We are in week five, and I think I can confidently say she will not start this week. 

Please keep Amanda is your  prayers tomorrow.  She has already voiced how much she dislikes getting platelets and hopes we are not there very long tomorrow.   Please pray that she will be able to take things as they come tomorrow with a courageous spirit. 

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 comment:

  1. Praying today for good labs and hope you all can get out of the clinic real fast! Thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete