I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Good week, good lab report

It feels like forever since I have posted, and for me, it has been!  It's been almost a week since I have updated you on how things are going here in the Watson home.  With school starting next week, we have tried to get in a few last minute events and enjoy the days as much as possible while Amanda is feeling good.  So here is a run down on what Team Watson has been up to lately.

Saturday we spent the day at home after our full, but happy day on Friday (see previous post).  The AC in the house went out, so it was a hot night, but the kids and I decided to face it like an adventure. Sunday was church and it was wonderful for all four of us to worship together. Thankfully, Sunday afternoon we were able to get the AC working.  Monday Amanda went to physical and occupational therapy.  She continues to receive positive reports on her progress despite the fact that I am struggling to get a routine going for her at home.  My hope is that with school starting, I will become better with her routines.  The kids spent Monday night at my folks so that my dad could take Brandon and my nephew Ryan golfing Tuesday morning.  With the kids gone for the day and Tom working, I went to work at Grace!  It felt good to be on campus with all the hustle and bustle of preparations for the start of school.  God is continuing to bless and Grace is bursting at the seams.  It is always exciting to start a new school year.  Wednesday I had a few appointments in town so between those and going back to the office for a few hours, the day flew by.  Amanda has just been going along, feeling good and staying active.  She is eating well and maintaining weight, which is good, but I still wish I could put a few pounds on her.

Wednesday night we spent the evening with special friends of ours, the Jones family.   Hank, Beth, Casey and Kat have been such an encouragement to our entire family during the last six months.  Our families have been looking forward to getting together for a little time on the skeet range, and we finally made it happen this week. 
Oh yes she did! And they had a blast....


Round and round they went all evening.

Meanwhile, the boys were getting down to business.

Hank and Casey both give lessons, so Tom and Brandon were in for a great night.
Not to mention Casey is a collegiate shotgun shooter who won the National Collegiate Skeet Championship this year at ACUI!
They went through the bullets...




My boys were doing pretty good if I do say so myself!




I thought the night shots were cool.
Look out ducks, after tonight, the Watson men are now ready!
 
Not even a little rain stopped them...
Kat and Amanda rode until they ran out of light.
Needless to say it was a great night, but was a late night.  This morning came very early as we had to be at Dell by 9:00 for her weekly lab check.  With Amanda's labs as high as they were last week, I went in feeling pretty good as far as where her counts would be.  Her platelet level has dropped and is lower than the required level to start chemo, but close enough that if they stay where they are, we will go ahead and start chemo next week. That would be a huge praise!  I personally think that her levels will continue to drop like they did last month, but I am going to pray that they stay strong and this cycle continues to improve over the first one! Every other aspect of this cycle has been better, there is no reason why this part can't improve either. 

The day ended on a fun note for Amanda.  We were able to meet a small handful of friends to swim and celebrate her birthday a little early before school and her next treatment cycle starts.  I am feeling very blessed over how good of a week we have had.   

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment