I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, August 19, 2013

No trip to Dell today!

Well, praise God, Amanda had a great day!  We went to physical therapy as planned, and though she worked hard, she made it through with a great attitude.  With school starting this week, today was Brandon's last day to attend physical therapy with Amanda, so he joined in and participated. They both had a great time.  Going forward, I won't schedule physical therapy during this fourth week of treatment again. She just tires out too quickly due to her counts being a little low.  However, no trip to Dell today was required!















Tomorrow we have back to school day at Grace Academy.  Amanda is excited about going to visit the 4th grade classroom and possibly seeing her friends while Brandon is ready to kick off his year as a student in the School of Logic and 6th grade.   My how time flies by.  Seems like yesterday I was crying as we dropped him off in Kindergarten. 

Wednesday is the first day of school.  What a summer this has been.  I am ready for at least the routine that school will provide.  You know me!  I love my routines.  The one thing I am truly hoping for is that it slows things down a bit.  Maybe that is not the right way to say it.  I realize with one in school and one that will be home schooled while undergoing chemotherapy, there will never be a dull moment; but I am ready for the schedule and routine that will come with school starting.  Please pray for me as I learn discipline and structure, which is very different than schedules and routines.  

I am actually allowing myself to hope that we may be able to have a four week treatment cycle this time.  Amanda has really shown a lot of energy and spunk today.  I am taking that as a positive sign.  Although, one thing I have learned is that things can change very quickly.  I will work at taking this week one day at a time.  So with that, I am looking forward to a good day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Glad yesterday was a good day! Yes, routines and schedules are things of the past....that was hard to accept...but it teaches us to live in the moment just like kids do! Hope you all have a good week. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Please pray for me as I learn discipline and structure, which is very different than schedules and routines."

    So true. Praising God for the good news.

    ReplyDelete