I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tomorrow, MRI day

Monday was one of those days.  A day that you want to have seared into your memory; to have the memories forever burned in your mind so you never forget.  It was a near perfect day.  Between the beautiful weather, sweet surprises from Thomas, and swimming with Tom and the kids - it was simply a wonderful day.   All through the afternoon, time and time again I would silently pray, 'Dear God, please don't ever let me forget this moment.'  It was her laughter, his silliness, the fun of three plotting against one in the pool and on and on the afternoon went with so many moments of joy.  Fully living in the moment. I went to bed content, happy and peaceful.

Today was another good day. Amanda had her lesson at ROCK and math lessons. Today she rode Sherrie, the draft horse.  Ms. Judy has been working on convincing Amanda to give Sherrie a try, and today she just decided to go with it.  It was a surprise, but Amanda took it all in stride.  Amanda will get to ride only once this week and once next week due to doctor's appointments.  You can imagine her disappointment with that scheduling arrangement!

Today, she had a PT ride, so she may be very sore tomorrow, especially considering she was riding a draft horse.  I'm sure she stretched muscles that haven't been used in a awhile. :)  Here are some great pictures from today's ride.  Amanda was very animated and kept us all entertained.
Meet Sherrie!
I wish I knew what Amanda was thinking at this moment...
Our team today was Megan, a PT student that was working with Judy and our horse handler, Tamara.  What a great team!

Like I said, she was in some mood today...
You would think with a draft horse, she would have a broader surface to sit on.  Because it was a new experience, she wasn't as confident about some of the activities......as you can clearly see from her face expressions.


This one required her boots coming off...

I think this one is cute with her boots sitting in the middle.
I love this!  My champion.

Sweet Sherrie, the gentle giant.
Recently, I have come across two scriptures that have been personally encouraging and uplifting.  One I came across in a devotional, another is on a picture I have hanging in our dining room.  As I was writing a note to a friend, I wanted to include one of them.  I was looking one up and found out that the second verse that I like so much WAS IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH!  In fact, it is the very next verse! I found it amusing that I had never realized that before.

The verses are found in Exodus and in one of my favorite Old Testament stories - the crossing of the Red Sea.  As the Israelite people found themselves at the shores of the Red Sea, with the army of the Pharaoh closing in on them and the sea spread out before them, they were terrified.  Moses spoke to them saying, "Do not be afraid.  Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today......The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." 

And there they are.  My two verses, back to back.  Everywhere I have turned in the last few days, I have been reminded to be content, to be still, not to worry about tomorrow, to stand firm and have joy.  I think God is trying to tell me something, and friend, I am listening!  As I think about it, I can't help but wonder if He has been preparing my heart for this upcoming week of waiting....

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

I have great peace and hope as we head to Dell tomorrow.  Thank you for all the encouraging notes and texts over the past few days.  I am touched by all the love and support you continue to show us in our long journey.

We appreciate your prayers tomorrow for Amanda to have courage, strength and peace as she goes through the morning.  

"Do not be afraid.  Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today......The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."  Exodus 14:13-14

2 comments: