I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Tomorrow is finally here!

"Do not be afraid.  Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today......The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."  Exodus 14:13-14

This morning I opened the blog to write a post, and I was completely blank.  I had nothing.  Surprising, isn't it?  So I started cleaning house, working on laundry, finding warm clothes for today's Romeo visit......all the while this empty page stared back at me.

I find myself not knowing what to say about tomorrow.  I have no doubt that many of you are praying for tomorrow's results.  I almost feel like some of you are sitting on the edge of your seat right beside me, waiting, hoping and praying for fabulous results.

Every MRI we have seen since she has begun treatment has been positive, and I have no reason to believe it will be any different tomorrow.  We might even see that miracle I have been praying for since we received the news on February 27, 2013.  Then again, we may not.  Fear not tomorrow, God is already there.

The days have gone by quicker than I imagined they would.  Tom and I are finding that the four weeks in between the chemo medication tend to do that.  We finish one round of chemo, and before you know it, we are preparing for the next round.

Amanda is doing very well.  She conserves her energy when needed but still tries to stay active.  We were able to make both morning and evening services at church and I'm so glad we did.  Both services were amazing.  It was a blessing to be there and worship with our church family.

Despite the cold and wind, Amanda went to spend some time with Romeo today.  With tomorrow's appointment and Amanda starting chemo, she may not ride at all this week, so getting "Romeo time" was important to her.  We finished the day off by feeding and here we are, getting ready to wind down our evening.

Tomorrow's appointment will be a long one.  We are meeting with the Neuro/Onc teams, receiving the scan results and if her counts are good, she will start chemo.  She will receive her infusions of Avastin, antibiotic and fluids.  With the antibiotic, she also gets the heavy dose of Benedryl.   She will then start her chemo medication tomorrow night at home for five days. Brandon doesn't usually go with us to her appointments, but he wants to be there tomorrow since we will receive the scan results.  I don't blame the boy.  If I was in his place, I wouldn't want to be sitting in a class wondering at the results.   We are so grateful to our Grace family for their continued love and support.

I am praying for a good night's sleep tonight and for calm spirits, strength and courage to face  tomorrow. 
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

Getting Romeo ready
Just an easy walk out in the sunshine and wind.
Finally, Romeo was able to enjoy some of the green grass as a snack.
Great occupational therapy right here - playing Nerds!

2 comments:

  1. Will be thinking of Amanda and your family tomorrow and praying for great results. Love and Hugs
    Dash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for y'all.

    Kate Dean

    ReplyDelete