I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Good news at today's PT/OT appointment

Amanda had physical therapy and occupational therapy today.  What a bittersweet day it was!  She has been in occupational and physical therapy for six months, so today's appointment was spent assessing how far she has come since that first visit.  My, how God has blessed.  Amanda has reached the point where occupational therapy is no longer needed.  Her physical therapy sessions will continue to include improving the strength in her left arm, but overall, she continues to show improvement at each visit.

These pictures were taken on March 18, just a mere seventeen days after her surgery.  I can clearly remember sitting in this room, fighting back the tears as I watched Amanda struggle to do basic things like button and zip a jacket, thread a string through blocks and pick up pennies with her left hand.  The feeling of helplessness was overwhelming as I watched her become frustrated because she couldn't do it, but then encouraged to see her determination to keep trying. 

It never ceases to bring me joy when we visit the various teams that God has placed in our lives.  The love and encouragement Cindy and Jessica show, along with extreme patience and dedication to helping Amanda improve, has been a essential part of her recovery.  

After therapy this morning, it was a beautiful day to go feed at ROCK.  We found out some sad news today.  Romeo has an injury that is going to keep him on the sidelines for some time.  Amanda took the news MUCH better than I anticipated.  Tomorrow should be interesting as Ms. Judy works with Amanda on choosing another horse to ride.  Amanda loves her Romeo and he will be hard to replace....I am very interested in seeing how this plays out. 

Brandon has a basketball game tomorrow evening.  We will miss Wednesday's ROCK visit because we have an appointment at Dr. Harrod's for Amanda's Avastin infusion and WBC booster shot.  It is so hard to believe we are already halfway through with this cycle!  Our week will end with another basketball game on Friday night in Marble Falls, and then a three day weekend.  I am looking forward to it; I think I was spoiled by that three week Christmas vacation.  ;) 

So here are some fun (although some of them are very blurry) photos from today's appointment.  I am thankful that she enjoys these appointments as much as she does!  Makes life much easier.....

Don't let this look fool you.....
I just think this is adorable. 
Cards?! Yep, all part of her OT....these girls are having fun even while they work.

The Total Gym gave her a total workout.
Working out in front of a mirror is always helpful....okay, maybe not, but at least it makes you smile!
Of all the cool things there, this is probably her favorite - the swing.


Right after this shot, she fell backward on the crash mat for her grand finale. 
Cindy and Jessica, a wonderful part of our amazing team!

 Philippians 1:3-6
 I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment