I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

She is doing amazing

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
    and with my song I give thanks to him.


I feel like I am on warp speed trying to get ready for Montana.  Time is flying by and I don't feeling any more prepared now that I was three days ago!  Oh, we have all we need thanks to generous friends and family, but my den looks like a clothes bomb went off in it.  Yikes.  T-minus two days and counting!

This week is so incredibly busy it is almost comical.  A bright spot is that Amanda is doing amazing.  She has rebounded from this round of chemo better than any before.  She just looks good.  I am so thankful.  As I told a friend this evening, I feel like I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop!  I am really surprised.  I am thrilled, but still surprised! I am working on letting her do what she wants, like swing outside, and not ask, "Are you sure you feel up to it?"  I really expected her to be resting this week, taking it easy and saving up energy for Montana - ha! The girl is ready to go.  Today she had her lesson at ROCK and despite the cold, we were there and she rode Romeo independently.  Her "extra" lesson each week has been getting her ready for our ride in Montana and she is all set.  Did I mention I have only two more days to get ready?

Tonight we went to Grace Academy's Nine Lessons and Carols service.  Brandon is in the hand chime elective and he played tonight.  As we sat among the large crowd of parents, relatives and friends, I thought back to our early days at Grace as parents watching our Kindergarten son standing up there singing.  My how the years have flown by.   It was a beautiful evening of worship led by our students.  What a wonderful night.

Tomorrow I will wrap up last minute shopping for both Montana and Christmas.  Amanda has another lesson at ROCK tomorrow afternoon.  Come Thursday, it will be a mad dash to get everything together and packed.  There is a running joke about how much I over pack, so I am determined that this trip, it will be a respectable amount for the trip we are taking.  Now, that may mean it is four GIANT suitcases but ski clothes are not small!!  And we leave in two days......sigh.

Our itinerary is simply unbelievable and I can't wait to share what we have planned.  However, I have an early morning meeting at school so I must call it a night.  Look for one more post before we leave!

It was cold this morning, but we were crazy enough to ride.
At this point, I think Amanda may have been wondering what she was doing...
Who am I kidding?  She was ready to go, but glad to be out in the sunshine!






No comments:

Post a Comment