I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day Five almost done...

Night Five.  One more dose and we can officially say we are half way done!  Things are still going well here with no major surprises with how Amanda is feeling.  She has a good appetite and she is sleeping all night.  I am very happy about those two things.

This past week, I was going through our pictures from this year choosing a few for a Christmas gift.  What an incredible year this has been.  When I get frustrated or feel like I am just tired of where we are, all I need to do is look back at this journey in pictures.  It is humbling and truly amazing to see how far Amanda has come.  As I looked at pictures, it was like taking a walk back through our painful, yet joyous journey.  Starting from the time before Amanda's diagnosis when we weren't sure what was going on, to the whirlwind nine days in the hospital, then her six weeks of radiation with the twice a week physical and occupational therapy appointments to her current chemotherapy treatment and lessons at ROCK, the memories come back with startling clarity.  To say it has been an unbelievable year feels like an understatement. 

Through it all, God has been faithful, and I've never stopped praying for a miracle. 

So as we finish up tonight, I will go to bed with a thankful heart. I am thankful for how far we've come and thankful to be where we are today, finishing number six out of twelve of her chemotherapy treatments.  Praise God! 

Psalm 90:14
Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days

1 comment: