I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Our Day in Pictures

All geared up and ready to go!
Brandon and I rode together and Tom and Amanda rode together.   I almost lost Brandon a few times due to my speed and the bumps along the trail, but don't let him fool you, he loved it!
In true Watson fashion, we experienced unexpected adventure.  Our guide's snowmobile broke down and he had to repair it on the trail.  That allowed us, however, time to play in the snow right there in the middle of the forest! 
I was up to my waist....I think Amanda got a kick out of that.
Snow Angel #1
Snow Angel #2
Snow Angel #3
He just couldn't help himself.
Taking a break, eating some snow.....
The views on the trail were fabulous.   We started on a trail through the forest trees ending up with wide open mountain views.
What an unbelievable day.  We were on Gallatin National Forest property for most of the ride.  We saw God's majesty revealed today in breathtaking fashion.
Amanda was cracking me up.  She just decided to lay down and chill out, taking a break.  The ride was very physical and quickly wore her out.  While she has been feeling a little poorly today due to a full day yesterday, she still enjoyed today's adventure.
We had another fantastic guide, Dennis with Canyon Adventures in Big Sky.   If you are ever up this way, be sure to stop by and take advantage of their guide services!  They were amazing and gracious to our family today.
The wind was blowing the snow so hard at this elevation it felt like sharp needles.  This was the highest we got and it was about 9100 feet. 
Funny what pictures you end up with!  Didn't realize I took this one.  Taking pictures on horse back was much easier than on the snowmobile.  :-/


Today reminded me of the Third Day song, Your Love Oh Lord. 

Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
 

Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide
 

I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of your wings 

 
As we end this day, it was another unbelievable, joyful, memorable and lovely day.  Hard to believe we are on day two.  Much more adventures to come.

Ending the day with pizza, pepsi and football!  Happy, Happy, Happy.  (Or, as our new Grace Academy Latin club shirt says, Laeti, Laeti, Laeti)

1 comment: