I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day Four

Day four is here and all is well.  In our world, that means the past two nights, Amanda has slept all night and has not been sick - therefore, all is well!  She slept in late this morning (thankfully) but woke up feeling pretty bad and is still in bed.  Right now she is bundled up in our bed crocheting and watching a movie.

I skipped day three yesterday, not because Amanda had a bad day, but because an opportunity slipped up on me to go Christmas shopping!  With chemo, keeping up with Brandon and his activities, planning for Montana (less than a week away!) and Christmas - I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I know that this time of year tends to do that to us, but this feels different.  Time alone to get things done is in short supply.  While I am okay with that, it does make things a little more difficult.   I am learning to think outside the box and be more spontaneous.  That is a big step for a planner like me.

With the temperatures ranging from -2 to -20 today in Montana, I have to admit I am feeling a little panicked! Must have plenty of warm clothing!  Looking at the 10 day forecast, however, calms me a bit because next weekend looks beautiful.  I am so thankful - highs in the thirties, lows in the teens - perfect weather.  Would you please pray that is stays that way for our entire trip?  We have so many awesome things planned for us to do, it would be wonderful to actually have nice weather.  I mean, seriously, who plans to go to Montana in DECEMBER for vacation?  Why, the Watsons do!  It promises to be a Winter Wonderland adventure.  Everything will be beautifully decorated for Christmas, I know Amanda and Brandon are going to love it.  Who am I kidding - I am going to love it!  I'll share more of our itinerary next week.  :)

For now, it looks like our day will be spent staying warm by the fireplace, playing our favorite family games, (Nerds, Cataan, maybe even some Bananagrams) watching football and packing.  Lovely family time. 

Stay warm and have a great day!

Psalm 118:24
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

2 comments:

  1. James 1:17 - Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

    ReplyDelete