I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, November 11, 2013

We made it - day five!

We have made it to day five.  While she will still feel poorly for a few days, at least we will be done with the medication!  So thankful for that.   

With cycle five complete, we are now setting our sites on the half-way mark of her chemotherapy treatment!  As I mentioned on Saturday, to celebrate this milestone, we have revamped the Team Watson shirts.  The new shirts will be black with the Team Watson logo in neon green.  All the information is below, but in a nutshell, you can email your order to Teamwatsontshirt@centurylink.net and include your name, shirt size and the best phone number to reach you at.  Payment will be due at pick up.  The shirts will be ready for delivery the week of December 2 which is also the week she will begin her sixth chemo treatment.  What better way to celebrate than to add some neon green to your day? :)

Today, Amanda and I have actually had a pretty productive day.  Even though she has been feeling on the blah side, we managed to get a math lesson in (so thrilled about that) and, for the first time in a long time, she took a nap!  Wonders never cease.  My kids have never been the napping kind, so anytime they sleep during the day, I am always a little suspicious.  She did tell me, however, that she didn't sleep good last night and was up a lot.  Put chemo on top of that and I am not at all surprised that she fell asleep.  Now, how she goes to bed tonight is the big question!  The nap, however, seemed to knock her a little off schedule and she wasn't feeling up to feeding today.  I must say, I was very surprised!  Up until now, she hasn't missed a day at ROCK, even while on chemo.  Thankfully, it is not that she is feeling terrible, but just tired and "blah."  That pretty much describes how she has felt all day today: "tired and blah."

So as our evening winds down, Amanda will take her final dose tonight and cycle five is officially done!  I'm just going to let that fact soak in.  For whatever reason, these past five days have felt very "big" and this feeling of completion is simply too good to put into words. 

Philippians 4:4-13
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity.  Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.



No comments:

Post a Comment