I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The blahs continue

Well, I am starting to feel like her 'chemo hangover' is a little stronger and lasting a little longer this time than in the past.  Yesterday she didn't feel up to doing much of anything and today she actually told me she didn't feel up to her lesson at ROCK.  Let me just pause and let that sink in....

We did actually make her lesson, but it was after deep deliberation and thought on her part.  I think that she couldn't pass it up, no matter if she ended up going only for a portion of the lesson.  Much to her delight, she was able to not only stay for the whole lesson, but she even did some physical therapy while she was at it.  I think she talked the entire time.  Her team at ROCK is so much fun to be with.  She had a great time, laughed a lot and I have the pictures to prove it.  I think those that have the gift to work with children are amazing. Today everyone had so much fun and were so silly, I teased them about doing a "blooper reel" from today's lesson because of all the goofiness and laughter, so look for that below.  ;)

I don't know if I have ever shared this with you, but after our trip to Dallas back in March to see the musical "WICKED,"  we received a signed poster from the entire cast and crew for Amanda!  I took a picture a few weeks ago of Amanda and Ginger with the poster framed and hanging in our den.  It is a beautiful memento from that vacation.

We don't go back to Dr. Harrod's office until next week, so it feels like we have a nice break in front of us with no doctor's appointment this week.  Please pray that Amanda will quickly bounce back and start to regain some of her spunk and energy.

Since we don't really have much to share on the home front, I threw in a few extra pictures.  :)

Sitting tall and the story begins....
A little PT and continued story telling...
Still talking...
Riding side saddle
Love seeing this smile.
Believe it or not, this is physical therapy! And she was still talking...
They have so much fun together!
What a good day.

Now, our bloopers:
I've been accused of not getting Kristin's best side.....so she was ready for me!
They just can't help themselves.
Ms. Judy playing peek-a-boo.  These ladies are some serious fun.
I think Amanda was tired of having her picture taken.
I really don't know what to say about the two of them....but they had a really good time today....
Shandi totally photo-bombed this shot! (Shandi is the horse in the corner. She is a Norwegian Fjord and she is BIG. She kept side stepping until she was in the shot.)
Telling Romeo thank you.
Romans 8:26-28
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

1 comment:

  1. My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
    Psalm 62:1

    ReplyDelete