I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Short Update

Well, praises all around!  Today was a very long day at the hospital, but my mom's surgery went smoothly and she was doing well, resting in her room when we left the hospital.  If everything looks good tomorrow, she will get to go home.  Brandon seems to have turned a corner and is feeling better, so I am very hopeful he will make it to school tomorrow.  Thank you for your prayers for our family this week.

Amanda is still feeling good.  She had a great lesson on Romeo Tuesday at ROCK.  I think she has found her horse.  Ms. Judy had Amanda riding independently and she did great. Romeo responds very well and is a gentle, sweet horse.  It was an extra special day for Amanda because MawMaw and PaPa Watson were with her.  She was thrilled to show them around ROCK and have them see her ride. 

Tomorrow we see Dr. Harrod and with infusions scheduled, it could be a long morning.  Prayers for a calm, peaceful and relaxed Amanda would be much appreciated.  After the appointment, it's back to ROCK for her second ride of the week.  

Riding Independently
Amanda and Romeo

Right now I am beyond exhaustion - that point where you are not sure that you will sleep because you are so weary.  I feel incredibly thankful that today is over, that the surgery went so well and Mom is doing good.  Even though I wouldn't have thought it to be true, I was more anxious about today than I realized.  After she was in recovery and we were waiting for her in her room, the wave of relief washed over me so quickly, I physically felt exhausted. It is amazing how our emotions can physically drain us!

God is good, all the time.  I'm sure as soon as I lay down, it won't be very difficult to drift off to sleep. 

Psalm 116:5-7

The Lord is gracious and righteous;
    our God is full of compassion.
The Lord protects the unwary;
    when I was brought low, he saved me.
Return to your rest, my soul,
    for the Lord has been good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment