I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Cycle Five - Day Two

Well, even with all the meds on our side, Amanda still had a rough night last night.  It was better than what we experienced last cycle, but still not what we want her to go through.  Despite that, she woke up with a good attitude today and it has continued throughout the day.  I sure do love that girl.

I can tell that after that kind of a start, my idea might be the only thing that gets us through each night.  I got this idea from Tom's mother who gives us stocking stuffers each year for Christmas.  Ten days before Christmas, we get to open a small gift, a "stocking stuffer."  It is a fun way to count down the days until Christmas morning.  So I took that idea and we are going to use it for her chemo treatments.  We have five small gifts, nothing big, just a little something, and each night she gets to pick a gift after she has taken her medication.  Since Amanda really enjoys getting gifts and opening presents, I think (and hope!) this will work very well for her.  

Tomorrow is a day that I look forward to each year - my annual Christmas shopping day with my mom and sisters.  We start first thing in the morning and go until it's bedtime.  I can't wait.  Tom and the kids will have a great day together at home.  Knowing them, the day will be filled with games, game and more games.

With the day coming to an end, it's time to go give Amanda her medication.  She is in the other room, apprehensive and dreading it.  I'm praying for strength for her and that I will have the spirit of encouragement and calmness to help make the process smooth and easy.  

Day two is about to be behind us, and on to day three.

No comments:

Post a Comment