I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Things are looking up....

The last two days have been very good for Amanda.  She has felt like going outside to swing, went to physical therapy today and then to ROCK to feed today.  I am focusing on just soaking it all in and plan to enjoy this week as much as possible before her numbers start to drop.

She is giving me this look more and more.....
Speaking of our week, it is a little crazy and off our normal schedule, but that's okay. I am old pro at this 'no routine' lifestyle.  Ha! Yeah, right.  It is safe to say I am much better at being flexible, but I still have a long way to go.  On Wednesday, my mom will have Parathyroid surgery, so we are riding at ROCK tomorrow instead of Wednesday.  (Did you know that there are four glands located behind your thyroid glands? I didn't, but it seems that one of my mom's is acting up and taking more calcium than it should so out it must go. Our bodies are so complex and amazing.)  Paula, aka Maw Maw Watson, is coming to watch the kids on Wednesday so that I can be with my mom and dad at the hospital.  Thursday morning before Amanda's lesson at ROCK we go see Dr. Harrod where she will receive her Avastin infusion along with her Neulasta, which is the white blood cell booster shot.

Please pray for my mom and all involved in her surgery and pray that she will have a quick and complication-free recovery.  The plan is for her to come home on Thursday.

To add to the craziness of our "off schedule" week, Brandon was home today not feeling well.  I had images of quarantining him to his room with clear plastic and duct tape, but thought better of it.  Amanda was out for most of today, and just keeping them away from each other, along with lots of hand washing was how our day ended up.  Prayers are appreciated for him to recover quickly and for Amanda to stay well!

I have a confession - don't be a hater, but we have our Christmas tree up.  It is not decorated yet but it has been up for about a week now.  My disclaimer is that Amanda asked for it to be put up. How can we say no to that?  In fact, Amanda and I have been listening to Christmas music for at least that long, if not longer.  The girl loves Christmas!  So, as soon as I can make myself do it, I will decorate the rest of the house if for no other reason than to get the boxes out of my den. 

Looking forward to our upcoming trip to Montana, I have been on the hunt for snow clothes for the family.  Here in central Texas we just don't have the need for snow pants!  Okay, I happen to have both ski pants and a ski jacket but that is because I got tired of wearing camo hunting coveralls to work in carpool at Grace.  The mornings can be very cold when you have to stand outside for 20 minutes!  Luckily for us, we have been able to borrow most items for the family for this trip so we are close to having everyone all set regarding outerwear.  I have been all ears for advice on the best way to layer and what works versus what doesn't work.  The last time we were in any substantial snow was Brandon's kindergarten year during Spring Break in Red River.  For some crazy reason, I think this trip may be a tad bit colder than that trip was.  Although, we did get to experience a snow storm while we were walking across town.  That was very interesting with two small kids.  Here are some pictures from that fabulous trip. 

Our trip ended with a stop at Palo Duro Canyon on the way home. Such wonderful memories.
We had such a good time and all we did was sight-see and tube each day we were there.  I am looking forward to the trip to Montana and all the memories that are just waiting to be made. 

Amanda watched 'It's A Wonderful Life' recently.  I love that movie.  Something about seeing things differently makes us realize just how blessed we really are.  That is so true and I am often reminded of that in my own life.  Despite what we have going on right now, our family has so much to be thankful for and we still have so much to hope for. 

1 Corinthians 2:9
  But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
    nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him"

Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 comment: