I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cycle Five - here we come!!

Four weeks goes by very quickly.  It's hard to believe that we are already here, ready to start cycle five of chemo.  Ready or not - day one is here!

With the cold snap and Amanda heading into chemo, Tom wanted to take her hunting for the big buck this week.  They saw plenty of deer, but not the big one they were hoping would come out.  Even without bringing anything home, I know they had an evening of making great memories together.

Yesterday, Amanda had her lesson at ROCK.  Despite the wet, cold weather, she was ready to ride!  Romeo wasn't available so Amanda rode Dude again. (Are you saying it? Romeo, O Romeo?)  She was perfectly happy, even without Romeo.  You can't go wrong with Dude. 

Sandra Jo was there to join Kristin as Amanda's side walker.  She had such a good time with these ladies.
These two pictures amaze me. I remember the day we came home from the hospital. She couldn't even use her left arm.  Now look at her!  

The mighty hunters.......and Ginger
Our appointment was very early this morning.  I think today's appointment was the quickest one to date.  Labs were great, our visit with Dr. Harrod was short and sweet and we were off to the infusion room in record time.  That was a good thing since Amanda wanted to be on time for her lesson at ROCK today!  Thankfully, we had her Emend with us, the powerful anti-nausea medication she takes with her chemo med, ready for her to take at Dr. Harrod's so that we don't have a repeat of last time.  Getting her to take that medication was a little challenging, and I fear what the next five nights might be like.  I have, however, come up with a plan that will hopefully provide good incentive for her to take the pills every night without too much fuss.  I'll let you know how it goes as we progress through the week.   Please pray specifically that she will not have fear or anxiety as she takes her chemo medication each night. 

Amanda is continuing to learn the basics of riding a horse on Thursdays.  Lessons on Thursdays are much more laid back for her giving her more freedom and independence on the horse.  She loves it.  What a great way to kick off  her week of chemo by starting it with a ride on our favorite Wild Mustang, Freedom.

She never knows what she will get to help with! Here, she is helping Ms. Judy with another horse before her lesson.
Picking out her tack for Freedom
Look at her riding independently!
Amanda, Freedom and Callie Rae, one of the amazing Physical Therapist Assistants at ROCK
Love
Our next MRI should be at the end of this month.  As with each MRI, there is always the anxiety that I personally face; the unknown that gets me.  I know, I know - I constantly tell myself "be anxious about nothing" but I still find myself going there.  What can I say?  I'm a work in progress!  Seeing her doing so well and active is a great encouragement for me.  At the same time, it sometimes makes it hard for me to see her that way and know just how sick she really is.  It is a weird state of mind I often find myself in.  Since her chemo dosage has been lowered, I have to admit that I am ready to see a good report.  Call me crazy, but I want that visual that the medication is still doing it's job, even at a lower dose.   Better yet, let's continue to pray for a miracle.  How awesome would it be that there is no sign of the tumor at all?!

Luke 18:27
Jesus said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

1 comment: