I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

How two days changed my outlook.....but first, a reminder...

This weekend I spent two days with a friend and 2000 sisters in Christ in a deep, relentless, powerful time of worship at the IF:Austin conference at the Moody Theater in downtown Austin.  What is IF?  If you go to their website, it says this:

We exist to gather, equip and unleash the next generation of women to live out their purpose.

Our 2-day gathering each year brings together women from all over the world to humbly seek God and to equip them to better live out their callings. We seek to model, resource, & empower women so that they create fresh, honest spaces in their local contexts to wrestle with essential questions of faith like: IF God is real… THEN what?

Amazing.  I have so much to share about those two days.  I loved every moment of the honest, raw outpouring of worship and coming face to face with God's purpose and plan for my life.  Friends, that purpose is much simpler than I have been making it, and man, am I excited!
So many beautiful things to share.....

So as I spend the next few days continuing to unpack the magnitude of this weekend and the impact it had on my life, I wanted to send out a quick reminder on behalf of the Dance Gallery's annual benefit concert benefiting ROCK.  ROCK will receive 100% of the proceeds!  My niece will be speaking on behalf of ROCK and our family followed by a short slideshow sharing Amanda's ROCK story.  Thomas, Brandon and I are unable to attend due to prior commitments, but we are incredibly touched how Amanda's life continues to make an impact more than we know.


Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment