I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Saturday, September 12, 2015

This year's birthday cake

It was so hard to pick one photo, but this one reminds me of my silly, happy girl. Amanda was a little chunk who was quick with a smile and full of personality. 

Amanda, you worried about us forgetting you or that we might stop talking about you, nothing could be farther from the truth. Your life shapes my days, has strengthened my faith into something that has become eternally focused and given me a new outlook on how each day should be lived. Our journey together through the valley has given me a voice that I didn't have. You taught me how to find joy in the depths of our sorrows, how to love through the fear and how to depend on God when all seems wrong. I would trade anything to have you back, but I'm not sorry for the beautiful gift of your life. 

You live by sight, we live by faith. 

Through your life and the gift God gave us as you talked us through the pearly gates the day you passed from this sinful world into blessed perfection, so many lives have been touched and changed.

I know I am not the only one grateful God blessed our family with your ten years. 

You will never be forgotten.  

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen.

2 comments:

  1. You cake is beautiful Amanda. Thoughts to all of you! Wish I had met you today at the Going Gold in Georgetown.

    ReplyDelete