I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Today, my boy turns 14

Today, my boy is 14.  How does that happen?! Seems like only yesterday I was bawling my eyes out as we dropped him off for Kindergarten. (Yes, I was one of those moms.)  As we have watched him grow and mature, it is evident that God's plans for his life are special.  Thomas and I are incredibly proud of who he has become.  Over the past year, his maturity in decisions and choices have astounded us with the wisdom and thought behind them, and yet, he is still a typical teenage boy with all that comes with that age.  He still gives me hugs and kisses no matter where we are, and he is quick to come comfort me when I am crying or sad.  While I worry about this last "first" without Amanda, I know that we will get through today like we have the past year; remembering, cherishing, a few tears and lots of love. 

As a mom, I am blessed and thankful for the privilege of calling him my son. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment